Monday, June 2, 2014

BECCA Beach Tint Shimmer Soufflé in Lychee/Opal

I had a feeling when I ordered one - just one - BECCA Beach Tint Shimmer Soufflé ($27) that I'd be back for more. It felt the same as the occasion when I ordered every single shade of the Hourglass Ambient Lighting Blush, practicing much less self-indulgence.  Exercising a new frugality, I ordered Lychee/Opal, one of six shades, hoping that if I liked it I could order additional shades. I did, and I did.

A four-in-one air-whipped soufflé formula adds a flush of color to cheeks. The ultra-lightweight formula packs four must-have qualities into one formula: a powder to add a pop of color, a stain to give staying power, an illuminating highlighter, and a cream to deliver a flawless finish. Water-resistant, each pot combines Becca’s bestselling Beach Tint with a Shimmering Skin Perfector for effortlessly buildable, complexion-enhancing color, soothing hydration, and a youthful glow.

The soufflé is made by pulverizing Beach Tint and Shimmering Skin Perfector pigments and pearls into an ultrafine powder, which is then combined with a proprietary blend of liquids, and whipped into a delicate soufflé. It definitely applies like a cream. The result? Glorious!

I took swatch photos in full, late-afternoon sun. I applied Beach Tint Shimmer Soufflé with a sponge-tipped applicator. I did not attempt to blend it because I wanted to show you its stunning color.

Described as bubble gum pink infused with golden opal - which tells me little - the blended shade is a gleaming warm rose. It's a very hard color to describe. Is it a peach rose or a warm rose? I don't know, and I don't care. I'm smitten by the color.

This product really has four possible uses. I like using it as a highlighter on my cheekbones over my blush.  It provides a pop of shiny color that lasts all day.

I've ordered the more shades. If I like them as much as I love Lychee/Opal, I'll be delighted. I think you should give these beauties serious consideration. I purchased mine from Sephora. Don't let BECCA's model photo below scare you. The colors can be applied sheerly for a natural look. The intense color on the model shot is dramatic - intended for marketing, not real life.

First and last photos courtesy of Sephora; other photos by Best Things in Beauty

11 comments:

emily said...

These look gorgeous, I'm just not sure I can indulge on them. If they were two-in-one, like the original beach tint, then I'd surely have to! For ow, I will wait.

Unknown said...

I was sooo sad they sold out online :(

Charlestongirl said...

Gwen, they are available at Sephora. I just checked.

Jo said...

These blushes are amazing. I like them more than the Hourglass. I think I look best with a sheer wash of blush not a dark print like the model in the picture and this blush goes on sheer but does not disappear into my skin as many cream blushes do. These are better than a cream blush. And, it lasts all day. It is completely layerable if you like a your blush to really show up. I love the Lychee but I love the Fig even more. I have both. Fig is a nude shade that looks perfect with my fair skin. It gives a subtle bronzy look. I am wearing it today. I applied it this morning and it is still there. I have my eyes on Guava next. Sephora online was out of stock of these yesterday but they replenished their stock and every shade is currently available online. Run, don't walk! These are perfect for summer. I hope they are permanent - I think they are.

Anonymous said...

This looks like a great color and the little pot is very appealing.
Tanja

Mamavalveeta03 said...

Very pretty, but a tad too shimmery for me. I live the concept and packaging, though.

Evelyn said...

I got the raspberry/opal one. It's so pretty and so interesting to touch and put on. Such a fluffy, fun texture. I saw a few others that I liked too, I will be shopping again soon. :)

Claire said...

Becca Beach Tint and Becca SSP are my most fave Becca products, the combo of two? I really need to see this in person but I'm somewhat assured that you said it can be sheered out, CG. Otherwise, I think it would have been too glowy for my taste. As always, I trust your judgement & review. Thanks for sharing this!

Adam & Susan said...

You did it with the hourglass ambient blushes and you did it with these becca blushes; you have a way of swatching/photographing that brings out the differences between shades! Thank you for your excellent swatches, CG. Thanks to you, I now can see why I should pick up each one of these!

Unknown said...

I was curious about these and so glad you reviewed them! I purchased the hourglass diffused heat blush based on your review and swatches and love it. I will be purchasing this color also. It looks so pretty and nice for summer!

Mandy Wenchel said...

That is an amazing blush. I'm so curious about this product and thank you for this review. Now,I know how it could make my skin looks bronzy and perfect.