Wednesday, January 27, 2016

Giorgio Armani Beauty Maestro Glow Nourishing Fusion Makeup with SPF30

Giorgio Armani has introduced a new foundation in its award-winning foundation stable. In full, it's called Maestro Glow Nourishing Fusion Makeup Bi-phase Elixir Octinoxate Sunscreen Broad Spectrum SPF30 ($64). It is formulated with nourishing oils to make your skin look perfect and feel nude and supple to the touch.

I was smitten from the moment I saw it online. I usually wear one of the Armani foundations. I've been wearing the Maestro Cream Foundation lately. However, I am borderline between a #2 and a #4 in Armani foundations, so I had to wait for it to arrive in stores and test it on my face near my jawline. In this foundation, I'm a #4, which I learned at Neiman Marcus where I purchased it. It appears that there are nine shades in all.

Armani's newest liquid foundation is leading us toward Mr. Armani's Invisible Glow Revolution. The advertising says that it has a sheer glow finish. Maestro Glow is the first "bi-phase makeup elixir." It contains skin-care oils infused with pure pigments and provides a nourishing comfort and lasting glow to the skin. Each drop is said to perfect the complexion. It is inspired by Maestro Fluid in its lightness and silkiness, and it gives an instant and lasting glow due to the blend of pigments and oils. These oils make the texture comfortable, easy to apply, and nourishing for women with drier skin like me.

I found the application to be easy. It has a nice slip on the skin, especially when worn over a treatment or moisturizer. I find the coverage to be medium - not totally sheer because it covers my center redness and sun spots nicely. If you need more coverage, you might want to try another foundation from Armani.

The model in the advertisement has flawless skin. I can see a slight glow where the light hits her skin, but her skin is so perfect, it's hard to know how much coverage this foundation will provide for everyone. Some of us like a little more to cover our imperfections, some less. This foundation is called light, airy, and transparent.

I applied it to one side of my face over moisturizer. I can definitely see a difference between the two sides. I also see a very slight glow. Not a shine, per se, but a subtle brilliance that's flattering. I think it's a beautiful foundation.

I took a swatch photo of #4 on my inner arm, which is a bit lighter than the center of my face. I took it in full sun, but I was unable to get a great background for the photo. I ended up using my car for a background. I shook the bottle well to mix the two phases, applied a drop of Maestro Glow to my palm, and then applied and blended it lightly with my fingers.

I think you'll agree that it's a pretty close match to my skin color. Can you even see it in this swatch? You may be able to see a slight glow in the center of my arm.

I will get a lot of use out of this new foundation. It provides the coverage and finish I like. If you would like to try it, I'd recommend that you do so at an Armani counter if you can. That way, you will be sure to get the right shade.

I purchased mine at Neiman Marcus at Tysons Galleria. It is available wherever Giorgio Armani Beauty products are sold, as well as at the Armani Beauty Web site

Photos at top courtesy of Giorgio Armani Beauty; swatch photo by Best Things in Beauty

11 comments:

Mamavalveeta03 said...

While it hurts to think of spending that much on foundation, the swatch and description are tempting me to break my "not over $50" rule. But rules are arbitrary, right? I think this one is meant to be broken. So glad you are BACK!

Anonymous said...

This matches your skin perfectly. Looks very pretty on your wrist. I hope you'll spot the red fox again.
Tanja

Makeupremastered said...

Hi CG
This looks a,axing and Armani is the King of foundations -have u seen or heard much about shade O which can lighten any foundation or the primer which has been launched with it?
xx

Christina said...

Wow, that is a beautiful finish! I'm quite oily in my t-zone, but I'm finding that the radiant type of foundations still look nicer on overall than my satin or fuller coveraged foundations. I'll have to check this out when my counter receives it.

Anonymous said...

I bought this product to replace my luminous silk. While it has a lovely sheen, it does not offer me any coverage, is very watery and only deposits that soft sheen which is the same as the luminous. I am sadly returning.

Charlestongirl said...

Hi Anonymous,

This foundation isn't for everyone. You have to want light coverage. Even my cream foundation from Armani can provide more coverage.

Charlestongirl said...

Makeup remastered,

I tried the primer. It was nice, but on a limited budget, I decided I could live without it.

Charlestongirl said...

Thanks, MamaVal!

As anonymous noted, you might not like this foundation if you prefer medium to any heavier coverage. Try before you buy.

Charlestongirl said...

MamaVal, shade 0? Nope. I'll have to ask my Armani rep. I'm wondering if that's the primer or sunscreen.

Mamavalveeta03 said...

@Charleston Girl, that was @MakeupRemastered, not me. :-)

Charlestongirl said...

Sorry! I guess I scrambled my brain last night!