Tuesday, August 30, 2016

BECCA x Jaclyn Hill Champagne Collection Shimmering Skin Perfector Slimlight in Champagne Pop

I have to admit that I am not a fan of YouTube videos about beauty or makeup application. I find most of them time-consuming. I can read quickly, but I can't fast forward on videos and "get the message." That's why I had no idea who Jaclyn Hill was when her Collection for BECCA was suddenly "everywhere" on Sephora. I was intrigued, not because of Jaclyn Hill, but rather because the products looked gorgeous. To see the entire collection, hop over to this link.

Apparently, BECCA and Sephora noticed that Ms. Hill is not only popular but also a big fan of BECCA's Shimmering Skin Perfector, and they asked her if she would like to collaborate in creating a highlighter that would work for everyone. The result? Champagne Pop, a universal shade that works with both warm and cool tones.

I purchased several pieces from the collection and still haven't made the time to photograph them and feature them here. However, the newest piece is the Champagne Pop Shimmering Skin Perfector Slimlight ($28), so I decided to start by featuring it. Considered a celebratory extension of the earliest items in the Champagne Collection, it's intended to allow you to sculpt your favorite features with layers of light and color for the perfect, customized glow in a peachy white gold shade.

Shimmering Skin Perfector Slimlight is a targeted wand that’s perfect for precision highlighting to achieve the iconic BECCA glow on the go. The cream formula highlights and brightens specific areas of the face with a subtle luminosity. Use it anywhere you would use a highlighter: at the top of your cheekbones, on the inner corner of your eyelids, down the center line of your nose, in the cupid's bow of your lips - anywhere you want to brighten your face. The wand makes application fast and easy.

It is handy to throw into your makeup bag if you find you need a pick-up mid-day. I use it at home, and its radiance lasts all day.

I took my photos in full, mid-day sun. It was very bright outside, and because the Champagne Pop shade is light, it was hard to get a photo that showed its true color. The picture below was my best.

I remember reading in Allure (I think) about a year ago that highlighters were on their way out. Makeup artists were using moisturizers - under and over makeup - to give the skin a glow. They do that; it's not a new concept. However, highlighters are more popular than ever. I like this one and its sister products. BECCA and Jaclyn Hill clearly hit the spot with their collaboration.

You can purchase it at Sephora.

Photo at top courtesy of Sephora; other photos by Best Things in Beauty

No comments: