Monday, August 8, 2016

Milk Makeup Highlighter in Radiant Finish

Ever since a friend went to work for Milk Makeup, I've been curious about it. I decided to check it out on Sephora and order a few pieces. He was excited, and excitement was contagious.

Driven by creativity and designed by industry insiders, Milk Makeup is inspired by its home: Milk. A cultural hub in NY and LA, that sits at the crossroads of fashion, music, photography, art, and film. A place where trends are born and a platform for the next generation. Milk Makeup is fun, eco-conscious, and cool. Their multifunctional, high-tech formulas are built for the girl on the go.

The Milk Makeup team includes Milk co-founder Mazdack Rassi, seasoned Milk Girl and creative director Georgie Greville, beauty and fashion editor Zanna Roberts Rassi, product developer and COO Dianna Ruth, and makeup artist, Frank B. All aspects of the line are developed in-house at Milk's downtown NYC home. Never heard of them? Me either, but it doesn't matter. No one has an exclusive on good ideas.

I selected Milk's Highlighter in Radiant Finish ($24), a universal highlighter to brighten up the skin.  Milk Makeup’s Highlighter features a blendable micro-shimmer with natural oils for added hydration. Infused with mango butter, peach nectar, and avocado, and combined with Milk Melt Technology, it absorbs instantly on contact with body heat, leaving the skin with a glowing appearance.

Milk Makeup is a paraben-free, eco-conscious, innovative product line made of the best possible ingredients. They see beauty in originality, authenticity, and design multi-use products for self-expression. This product is vegan and cruelty-free.

I took my own photos in full, mid-day sunshine. I applied the highlighter to my arm, directly from the container.

I was impressed. The color is subtle and beautiful - truly radiant. It adds life to my skin, and it makes me look young again. It can be worn with makeup of any color scheme. The flesh-toned glow it adds is gorgeous on my cheekbones and brow bones, the only places to which I have applied it so far.

The Milk products are inexpensive, and there appears to be something for everyone. This will not be my last purchase! You can find Milk Makeup at Sephora or Milk's own Web site.

Photos at top courtesy of Sephora; other photos by Best Things in Beauty

9 comments:

Resham said...

This looks beautiful!! Not sparkly at all.. :)

Charlestongirl said...

You're right, Resham! It gleams. No sparklies.

Eileen said...

That's so very pretty. I love that almost wet looking kind of glow and the natural color is very well balanced. Although I have plenty of tinted highlighters, I don't think a highlighter necessarily needs to add color to be good. Everyone who loves to highlight should have a nice neutral one that adds dewiness and luminosity to any other product they happen to be wearing. This one by Milk looks like an excellent option.

Evelyn said...

I've seen Milk in Sephora but I've never gotten around to trying anything. That highlighter though is so pretty! Much better than I would have expected. Another thing to try when I'm next in Sephora. =)

Charlestongirl said...

I agree, Eileen! I didn't need another highlighter, but I'm delighted with this one. The ingredients are noteworthy. The line wasn't made for my age group, but that makes absolutely no difference to me. Makeup is makeup.

I'm happy for my friend who now works there. He's very happy. I'll ask him to select my next purchase. :)

Charlestongirl said...

Let us know what you think, Evelyn! I never go in Sephora, so I do miss things unless I'm willing to blind buy.

S said...

CG, have been reading your blog for years and yours is one of my all time favorites. I don't comment often, but I wanted to ask you what other MILK products you ordered and have tried? I just received the Cooling stick, the lip and cheek stick in Quicky and the Hydrating Oil stick. So far I love them all. I'm tempted by the matte bronzer and the highlighter next. But wanted to know what your opinions are on what else is good! Thanks in advance. Kindly, S

Charlestongirl said...

I have not bought other pieces yet. I asked my friend what to buy. Here is his response.

István Hrichak: Sunshine Skin Tint, Holographic Stick, any of the lip products or Lip + Cheek, and definitely Cooling Water, it's our #1 seller!

S said...

Thanks CG! I've got my eyes on the Sunshine skin tint, but sadly the Cooling stick made me break out so that's going back.