Monday, August 29, 2016

Giorgio Armani Beauty Compact Cream Concealer

I've been wearing Giorgio Armani Beauty's cream foundation ever since it was introduced. Now, it seems to have been discontinued. I guess my consolation was the introduction of a new Compact Cream Concealer ($42). I found it while browsing Sephora and ordered my shade, #2, immediately.

Described as a high-coverage spot concealer, it's perfect for the sun spots I have to cover with something. One is near my left eye, and its appearance really bothers me.

Compact Cream Concealer is an instant corrector that completely hides imperfections, dark spots, and blemishes. Its customized precision applicator is said to offer high coverage and a thin texture for a flawless-looking finish. I'm not a big fan of the applicator. I use my own (Bobbi Brown) touch-up brush.

This concealer is available in six shades, all of which have a matte finish. If you are a fan of Giorgio Armani foundation, you will love this new concealer. It stays on all day, just like the foundation, and it has provides excellent coverage for those sun spots. I hope you don't have them, but most people who came of age when suntans were considered beautiful - and before we all knew the danger of the sun's rays to our skin - has probably already developed the keratoses that resulted from our adoration of the sun.

I'm hooked on Armani's new concealer. I didn't see it on the Armani Beauty Web site, but it's available at Sephora.

Photo courtesy of Sephora

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Also bought the cream foundation when it came out but have used it mainly as a concealer for my sun spots. No.5 was a perfect match for me but the brush it came with did it no favours and it does emphasise dry wrinkly areas so am guessing sales declined. Will be quite interested to check the concealer out when I next get the chance.
Frances

Charlestongirl said...

France's, it's possible you weren't using the right moisturizer. I never had dryness problems with the creamy foundation...and I'm dry.

Anonymous said...

It was during a brief period coming off IVIG so I could go on a clinical drug trial. Was alarming at the time but was able to rectify with retinol and vitamin c serum. So the cream foundation looks fine now.
Frances