Tuesday, June 28, 2016

TATCHA Soothing Triple Recovery Cream

I was the lucky recipient of samples of this amazing moisturizer, and now I plan to order it. TATCHA had sent me their Indigo Smoothing Silk Body Butter, and I used up every tiny bit. There was no trace left behind in the travel jar. I loved it - and I suspect, like most, I was surprised that it didn't look blue on my skin.

Indigo Soothing Triple Recovery Cream ($135) is formulated for sensitive skin, which basically  means it will work for everyone. This anti-aging moisturizer is rich in Indigo extract, Colloidal Oatmeal, and Sophora Japonica extract, all of which calm, comfort, and restore the skin's natural resiliency.

To my skin, this cream feels like a rich, ultra-hydrating barrier that helps my skin preserve moisture while it soothes, balancing skin tone for an even look. It is a wonderful cream for use day or night. Even though it's rich, it doesn't interfere with makeup application or wear.

TATCHA's soothing blend of botanicals calms sensitive, easily irritated skin and reverses the signs of premature aging. Formulated with 3% Colloidal Oatmeal (the highest percentage available in a product of this kind on the market), the skin is left comforted, supple, and replenished. It's so good, it was awarded the National Eczema Association Seal of Acceptance.

My eczema flared after my knee surgery last year (I don't really understand why, but I've heard that certain anesthesias can cause that), and I would love to have had my hands on this cream then. TATCHA says it's ideal for all skin types, especially sensitive skin showing signs of rosacea, eczema, dermatitis, psoriasis, or allergies - and I believe that. It's also billed as non-comedogenic, which is perfect for anyone with eczema.

I compare this very favorably with a Chantecaille cream I use - one that I love, but it costs $342! Yes, I spend that much because it works. I will happily trade out Indigo Soothing Triple Recovery Cream for $135. They are both 50 ml.

I cannot say enough good things about TATCHA and every one of their products I've tried. Next, I'd like to get my hands on their masks. I will wait, though, and see if I still have a job in a month. You can purchase all of the Indigo product line at TATCHA's Web site. You're going to get hooked.

Photo courtesy of TATCHA

10 comments:

Eileen said...

OK, here I go about Tatcha again. LOL. No, I do not work for Tatcha nor am I affiliated with it. What I am is a very happy, very satisfied customer. I am so glad to have found Tatcha's Dewy line and Indigo line because on my mature, dry, sensitive, skin, Tatcha works :-)

For those of you with eczema, rosacea, or dermatitis of one sort or another, you really should become acquainted with Tatcha's superlative Indigo line which features Japanese indigo and colloidal oatmeal along with other skin soothing ingredients combined into elegant creams that are efficacious and luxurious. If you haven't tried the Indigo line yet, Tatcha sells an introductory mini set (actual travel sizes; not silly little packets) for $54 that includes the indigo rice enzyme powder, triple recovery cream, hand cream, and body butter (cult classic!). Oh, and don't let the blue color of the products scare you. The only product that leaves a blue tint is the balm and that is not part of this set. Of course, you can also simply buy a travel size of the triple recovery cream for $30. For the most part the containers are refillable and they haven't been marked up the way many other brands do with their travel sizes.

The recovery cream is a wonderful everyday moisturizer for those of us with skin issues. It is soothing and healing and helps keep everything under control. There are many creams that don't irritate, but Triple Recovery goes beyond that and actually helps the skin heal and remain strong. Triple Recovery applied over my Memory Serum is my one-two punch for keeping my skin looking calm and well moisturized. Tatcha also makes an Indigo balm which is very concentrated and is used as more of a spot treatment for problem areas. It will leave a transparent blue tint on your skin and so it is best used at night or in places where it won't be seen. It is a "natural" balm that calms the skin and reduces the redness without being medicated. BTW, it's been accepted by the National Eczema Association. I believe Vicky (Tatcha's founder) said that Triple Recovery was created because so many customers wanted to keep the benefits of the Indigo balm going during the day but without any trace of blue :-)

For those of you who don't have the skin issues that the indigo line targets, you can still enjoy the soothing, healing properties of the products. The body butter and hand cream are universal favorites.

Anonymous said...

I happily anticipated Eileen commenting on Tatcha and will need to try some soon.
Tanja

Alix said...

Oh no, is your job in jeopardy, Charleston Girl?

hytrud said...

Hi everyone. Eileen stated "Tatcha also makes an Indigo BALM which is very concentrated and is used as more of a spot treatment for problem areas".

I cannot find the BALM on Tatcha's website. I only want to use the concentrate for Rosacea on two small spots on my face. Perhaps I should write to Tatcha to see if they still offer it then?

Anonymous said...

I have eczema that flares regularly (okay, constantly) up on my ears and neck. All the prescription steroids creams actually make it worse while other Rx or OTC creams have no impact. I'm on my second tub of the Tatcha Triple Recovery cream and there's been nary a flare up in sight. I did a little non-scientific comparison and used the Tatcha on one ear and another colloidal oatmeal cream (albeit only 2%, but it was the highest percentage I could find) on the other ear, and the non-Tatcha ear was getting eczema scales within three days. Love this stuff and it winds up actually being cheaper for me than the non-steroid Rx creams! I love the Dewy Mist, too, but I find it harder to justify the price for that. However the Pixi milky mist spray is alllllmost a dupe so I just put it in a Tatcha mist bottle b/c the fine spray from that vessel I swear is half the magic anyway...

evo said...

now i want to try. for the past couple years....during the winter time....my eczema started flaring up around my eyes and mouth. itchy, dry and flakey.
unfortuantely only a few products are available on the canadian sephora site. and the exchange rate is terrible at the moment.

Eileen said...

Hi Trud,

The balm is called Soothing Renewal Treatment and is $98. Look under "Eczema Care" and you'll find it :-)

Eileen said...

Hi Evo,

Tatcha's Triple Recovery is also available from QVC and, of course, their own website is a wonderful place to shop. Tatcha ships free in the US but I don't know about Canada. As for QVC, it sometimes has one of those specials which more than compensates for shipping. I know that doesn't help the exchange rate :-(

Charlestongirl said...

Alex, yes. It was a four-month consulting job, and it ends next week.

Unknown said...

I'll have to see about getting this as I have roscacea and psoriasis, so glad to hear comments that this brand REALLY works!