Tuesday, September 27, 2016

Victoria Beckham Collection for Estée Lauder

Victoria Beckham has unveiled a limited-edition color cosmetics collection with Estée Lauder. I introduced it last month, and then I promptly pre-ordered a few of the 15 pieces from Bergdorf Goodman. I'm glad I did. Most of the pieces are sold out and will remain that way until the more universal launch on October 1.

Today, I'll show you Charred Emerald Eye Metals Eyeshadow ($45) and Modern Mercury Highlighter ($65), Both of these are already sold out at Estée Lauder.

According to WWD, Beckham's aim was also to deliver products people could immediately associate with her, “whether it’s a smoky eye, a nude lip, or dewy skin. So I’ve been very honest, very true to myself. This has been something that I’ve wanted to do for so many years,” she said.

To Estée Lauder, she’s a next-generation Estée: Authentic, an entrepreneur, wife, mother, fashion designer - and she’s a beauty maven. Some people in fashion are into fashion, but not beauty. She’s into the whole picture and has a vision. She knows her style, her point of view, and the way she wants women to look, feel, act, and be comfortable in their skin, while having a great deal of glamour at the same time.

There are 15 units, including a limited-edition, portable mirror that casts a flattering light for makeup application. Prices range from $30 for the designer’s signature nude-matte lip pencil to $45 for an Eye Metals Eyeshadow, $95 for the Morning Aura Illuminating Crème and $1,200 for the Victoria Beckham Collection Daylight Edition, a light box that includes a removable lighted mirror as well as eight products. After reviewing the collection online, I selected a few pieces that I knew I would actually wear. I'm impressed with their quality.

Charred Emerald Eye Metals Eyeshadow attracted me because it's green. I love green on my eyes. I took my photos in full, early afternoon sunshine, and that may have brightened the colors a bit. I think Charred Emerald is darker than my photo directly above shows, but lighter than the Estée Lauder photo appears.

This rich color powder eye shadow delivers a high-shine finish to the eye. It is densely pigmented with color that is strong, sexy, and confident. You can wear it alone all over the lid for a modern smoky eye or layered over Eye Ink for an oil-slick finish. Eye Ink is very cool. I'll try to get photos so that I can show it to you tomorrow.

Modern Mercury is a highlighter borrowed from Estée Lauder's past. My photo is too pink. The Estée Lauder photo above is more accurate. A favorite of Victoria’s, this highlighter can be worn as an accent on the cheekbones and with or without bronzer to create a moist skin look. It's a beauty.

My swatch photos are pretty accurate. Charred Emerald blends black and green for an exquisite smoky green look. While we can't all look like the former Spice Girl, we can imagine this look on ourselves for a night out. To me, it's glamorous.

Modern Mercury is a rose gold on my skin - one of my favorite highlighter shades. The compact is huge, which means it will last a very long time. You can apply it very lightly for a subtle gleam or more intensely for a  high-wattage look.

The packaging of these products is lovely. It's a dark blue, accented with gold, and it's heavy. It looks its price, if you understand what I mean. The accents are gold. I guess the direct sun made them look silver in my photo below.

Beckham said, “I want to make women feel empowered, to feel sexy and confident. This makeup collection does that. I’m a girl’s girl, I love to make women feel like the best version of themselves.” I think she's done a great job on her first foray into makeup.

There were a few pieces available at Bergdorf Goodman the last time I looked, but you've got a better chance of finding the collection on October 1 when it launches "officially." I even got a note from Neiman Marcus Tysons Galleria saying that they will have the collection available there - the only source in my area. If you are interested in pre-ordering from Neiman Marcus, give Rahman Malik a call at (703) 861-4673.

Photos at top courtesy of Estée Lauder; other photos by Best Things in Beauty

8 comments:

Ingrid said...

Thank you CG for this post! I am quite excited that Victoria launched some make up items. I admire her for her strong will and determination that made her so successful. The colours and style are off my own style, it's quite dark and rather edgy. Nevertheless it's great to see something a bit different from mainstream and I am looking forward to see the items at the counter. Is the highlighter similar to the Dior one recently launched within the skyline collection?

Jill said...

I had bought the same pieces as you CG, along with the red lipstick. I've been very happy thus far! Your swatches are, as always, perfect.

Eileen said...

Kudos to Victoria Beckham! You can tell that she wasn't just some celeb who rubber stamped a collection designed by a beauty brand in need of a "face" to promote it. Her active participation is evident in everything right down to her insistence on reissuing Modern Mercury. Whether you like her style or not, one thing for sure is that it captures her élan and fashion sense to a T. Although the initial launch has pretty much sold out, many items are now available for pre-order. In addition to NM, Saks is also doing pre-order. I hope we'll be seeing more from VB.

Sandra said...

I am very excited about these new products. The Charred Emerald is gorgeous, and green is also a a great color for my eyes. I also want to get the Modern Mercury. I will be in NYC next week, and I am hoping I can locate them there. Thank you, CG, for this find! It is very new and different!

Anonymous said...

Idk it looks like the tom ford collection for estee. I hope this is not an attempt to licence her name and pump out product.

Charlestongirl said...

I don't think Beckham needs the money.

Tatiana said...

Last I checked Selfridge's still had some of these items in stock. Still debating whether or not to ask Dear Husband to pick something up for me when he's in London next week. I sorta want one of the shadows and I sorta don't. I really want the new SUQQU foundation and knowing Dear Husband, he will only spend so much.

Eileen said...

Hi Anonymous,

The packaging is similar to TF's recent release, but I think you'll find the products themselves are unique to VB. The one significant exception is the resurrection of EL's Modern Mercury. In interviews, VB has said it was one of her favorite products and that she insisted on including it in her collection. One of the things that has made this collection fly off the shelves is that it is uniquely VB and it was a bit of a surprise coming from EL. VB is a strong and accomplished woman so hopefully she will maintain her integrity and only produce limited collections that are true to her esthetic.