- Lips: Dark and matte. I'm really not excited about drab, matte lipstick.
- Eyes: Either natural or glittery. I could leave the glittery to the under-21 set. There was also a fair showing of smoky eyes, but not as prominent as the other looks.
- Complexion: Glowing. There's a trend I can get behind!
- Hair: Curls, waves, and hair accessories. I can't do any of them with my straight bob. The humidity of late is killing my hair style.
- Clothing: Jewel colors that are, in general, gorgeous. I would kill for the Ralph Lauren blue velvet coat I see every time I open a magazine. Click on the photo below to enlarge it and look at the ornamentation.
Don't forget that Neiman Marcus' Beauty Event started yesterday and ends on September 18. The totes that are yours with a $125 purchase are available in silver and black and have a paltry number of samples inside. At least the totes are nice. As always, the GWPs are yours for a dear price. Most of them start with a purchase between $100 and $300, and many of them are tiny samples, rather than deluxe samples or full-sized products. The best I saw? Le Métier de Beauté has all new products in theirs, and they are really nice. The only two I merited were LMdB and Tom Ford. If you want help, please call my friends - given the salary cuts imposed on everyone in Beauty, they need the commissions! Michael Reinhardt and Debbie O'Malley at (202) 966-9700. Ask for their counters. Tell them I sent you and said they would send you a few extra samples.
It's time for the Friday Forum. The Friday Forum has always been an opportunity to share information. Are you using a fabulous product and want to sing its praises? Tell us about it! Did you find a beauty product disappointing? Tell us why! Do you have questions others might be able to answer? We can help! Want to talk about skin care? I'm game. Just use the comments. We have busy weekends and slow ones on the forum. I hope to see you in the comments.
Photos courtesy of Vogue and Ralph Lauren