Sunday, November 25, 2012

BECCA Mineral Blush in Flowerchild

It had been a very long time since I had used a BECCA product. I was quite a fan at one point in my life. Then I purchased something - now I don't remember what - that  smelled like a raccoon in heat. I returned it to Sephora. That one product soured me on BECCA.

Now, after reading about BECCA's new business plan and marketing strategy (think skin), I was game for trying again, assuming that the smelly product had to be history by now. During Sephora's recent V.I.B. sale, I browsed for pretties and settled on BECCA's new Mineral  Blush ($32) in Flowerchild. I was shopping online, and even though other shades looked like they might be equally nice, I went with the safe warm pink. I could not be more pleased. Plus, it has no detectable scent!

Mineral Blush is a delicate powder blush infused with micro-fine minerals that deliver a soft glow. Impart a soft halo of color onto the apples of your cheeks with this delicate powder that subtly reflects the light and casts a luminous glow. Formulated with a natural mineral complex and infused with antioxidant vitamins A, E, and C, this blush nourishes and conditions skin for a smooth, illuminated complexion. 

Add to BECCA's description the fact that the finish this blush leaves on the skin is darn near perfect - a sheen that perks up your cheeks and makes you look happy. BECCA says it's fun to layer Mineral Blush over Beach Tint, so there may be another BECCA purchase in my immediate future.

I took my swatch photos in full sun, swatching heavily at the top of my arm with a sponge-tipped applicator and applying the larger swatch below with a kabuki brush. Isn't the color beautiful?

The beautiful sheen provides no hint of sparkles, so it's great for office wear/daytime. Did I mention the color? This blush is so flattering, I started wearing it to work the moment I photographed it. Perhaps someone thought of me as a flower child. I belong to the right era.

I did notice when I ordered, remembering that raccoon, that BECCA uses no parabens or synthetic fragrances in this blush, and it's also free of alcohol, oil, chemical dyes, and talc. You can see the ingredients at this link.

I think I need to try Sweetpea next. I'm having trouble choosing a shade of Beach Tint using the online swatches, and I know I love the Mineral Blush.You can purchase BECCA Mineral Blush at Sephora, where I purchased mine, or at BECCA's Web site.

Photo at top courtesy of Sephora; other photos by Best Things in Beauty

9 comments:

LipstickBoulevards said...

You must try gypsy as well ! its a glorious pink
xoxox

Charlestongirl said...

Hi LB,

You are tempting me. :)

Becca @ The Beauty Sample said...

I want this SO bad!! I just tried my first Becca Mineral Blush last week (Sweetpea actually--you DO need it, CG! You'll love it--it's the prettiest neutral blush ever!) and am in love now. I definitely plan on purchasing more--just can't decide if it will be Flowerchild, Damselfly, or Wild Honey!!

grlnxdor said...

The color and sheen are gorgeous! I love blush like this. I need to see if my Sephora carries it so I can check it out.

Mamavalveeta03 said...

I love the luminous quality of this blush. It's a gorgeous, very wearable color. And Becca's images on their website always make me want to purchase (as if I can be 23 again, with long dark hair and exotic looking eyes and skintone just by using their cosmetics!) lol...

Charlestongirl said...

That indecision is my problem, Becca. :)

Charlestongirl said...

Hi Grlnxdor,

Wish I could tell you whether they do carry it in-store. I almost never go there.

Charlestongirl said...

Hi MamaVal,

What? You can't?

Sylvia said...

I have Damselfly and love it, and now that I have seen this post will be adding Flowerchild to my list. What a lovely color.