Saturday, March 19, 2011

Bobbi Brown for Dress for Success

The more you give in life, the more you get back”- Bobbi Brown

Since 2001, Bobbi Brown Cosmetics has supported Dress for Success, an incredible non-profit organization that helps disadvantaged women re-enter the workforce and achieve economic independence. Bobbi knows that a woman's appearance and her feelings of self-worth are inextricably linked.

I have donated business suits and winter coats to Dress for Success many times over the years. I think it's a fabulous organization. That's one reason I'm pumped over this makeup set.

“Dress for Success is an amazing organization because it gives women the tools and knowledge they need to look like and eventually become the person they hope to be,” said Bobbi.

For over 10 years, Bobbi Brown Cosmetics has donated over $1 million in makeup and monetary funds to this effective organization. Bobbi has personally gone above and beyond by hiring women who have completed the Dress for Success program in an effort to empower them and give them a second chance at making a life for themselves. She also participates in makeup lessons with the women, teaching them how to create work-appropriate makeup looks, and has one of her Beauty Team members working with the affiliates on a monthly basis to teach women how to apply makeup for interviews.

This spring, Bobbi is taking her partnership a step further and has created a Dress for Success Makeup Collection. All proceeds from every sale will go directly to the organization. That's generous!

The collection is designed to make it quick and easy for any woman to look her best. It includes the following pretties.
  • A new limited-edition Eye Palette featuring Bone Eye Shadow, Beige Shimmer Wash Eye Shadow; Taupe Eye Shadow, Espresso Eye Shadow, and Navy Eye Shadow
  • Brownie Lip Color
  • Petal Lip Gloss
  • Extreme Party Mascara
  • Crystal Lip Gloss
I have all of these items, but to support Bobbi Brown and Dress for Success, I will buy this set. Maybe I'll do a giveaway contest, so that one of you can enjoy the pleasures of using Bobbi Brown's makeup. Or maybe I'll get greedy and keep it for myself. You really need to consider buying one!

The collection will be available for $60 exclusively at Macy’s counters in March 2011. That means I need to call Macy's, and if it's in stock, go over this weekend. I can do that!

Photo courtesy of Bobbi Brown

2 comments:

Andreea said...

Hi Charlestongirl,do you have any idea if these are going to be available in Europe (Germany)? I would love to have the palette and I love even more the idea that the money goes to fundraising.

Otherwise count me in for the contest ;-)

Charlestongirl said...

Andreea, I wrote Bobbi PR to ask. I suspect the answer is no, not anywhere but Macy's. I will let you know if/when I get an answer.