This new foundation in a pot is a creamy, buildable foundation that leaves the skin smooth, even-toned, and lifted. Designed for dry skin, it contains EXTRA treatment benefits to nourish and hydrate the skin. An application adds instant moisture.
EXTRA Repair Foundation SPF 25 has these properties.
- Helps rebuild the skin's protective moisture barrier
- Contains peptides to help stimulate natural collagen production, which in turn helps firm and visibly lift the skin
- Reduces the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles
- Leaves the skin looking and feeling revitalized, dewy, and healthy
- Offers broad-spectrum UVA/UVB protection from the sun's damaging rays (SPF 25)
It evened my skin tone and minimized my sun spots on the first application. I built the coverage over my sun spots to blur them. That worked nicely. When I was finished applying the foundation, I was very happy with the results. My skin was even-toned, the right color, and dewy without looking oily. Even more exciting, I didn't need to touch it up during the day! It stayed put and provided coverage on my nose and chin all day. That's pretty remarkable.
When I applied it, I smelled the distinctive scent of the EXTRA products, which include rosemary and other botanicals. The scent disappeared in a heartbeat. By the time I was in my car on the way to work, I could no longer smell the foundation. It does have retinyl palmitate in it, which makes me a little anxious. The retinyl palmitate is pretty far down on the ingredient list, so I am hoping my skin doesn't have a reaction over time. I want to keep using this foundation!
I'll give you a progress report at some point after I've had more time with it. You'll be able to find it at your Bobbi Brown counter soon.
Update April 2: This product is now available in stores. I saw it at Neiman Marcus.
Photos by BTiB