Guerlain’s new duo eye shadows are the perfect accessory for creating statement looks. Inside the slender gold case are two stunning colors: one a pure color and one a luminous veil. The pure color shadows are matte and intense, gliding on to create instant effect. The other serves as a veil, a sparkly or metallic texture that can add a layer of dazzling radiance.
- 01 Two Rock - dazzling green and black (shown above)
- 02 Two Stylish - deep blue and metallic grey
- 03 Two Extravagant - chocolate brown and zesty green
- 04 Two Gossip - plum and baroque gold
- 05 Two Candy - soft white and sparkling pink
- 06 Two Parisian - intense black and powder pink
- 07 Two Lovely - soft grey and aquamarine
- 08 Two Spicy - ebony brown and spicy coral (shown directly below)
The uber-sparkly shadows in these duos remind me of Bobbi Brown's metallics that are all glitter and no color. These are better. You can actually get the color, but only with the right technique.
I was able to achieve good color for my photos because I swatched with a sponge-tipped applicator, which also lays down enough color if you pat the color in the compact and then pat or swipe it onto your eyelids. A regular eye shadow brush would not have laid down even color. I took my photos in full, early morning sunshine yesterday.
What looks the most wonderful is the combination of the aqua from Two Rock with a lightly applied brown from Two Spicy. Try it.
I purchased mine at Guerlain’s boutique in Las Vegas. The Voilette de Madame collection is available now at the Guerlain Boutiques and Neiman Marcus. Those locations received the collection early. I'm not sure about Bergdorf Goodman. The new duos will be available at select additional locations at Saks Fifth Avenue, Nordstrom, Bloomingdale's, and Sephora this month.
Photo at top courtesy of Guerlain; other photos by Best Things in Beauty