Wednesday, December 18, 2013

Chanel Lèvres Scintillantes Glossimer in Sonate from the Notes du Printemps Collection for Spring 2014

There were two Lèvres Scintillantes Glossimers ($29.50) on the Notes du Printemps Collection for Spring 2014 display, although I hear there should have been three: Plaisir, Murmure, and Sonate. I chose the one I saw that had the most color: Sonate (#178). It is shown above.

It's a pretty peachy coral shade - in lockstep with Chanel's color of the spring season. I really like it. You know, I'm sure, that Chanel's gorgeous glosses offer shimmer and a high-shine glow with just one stroke. A wide range of shades, from sheer and natural to sparkling and rich, look beautiful on their own or over your favorite lipstick. Equally beautiful, the formula's comfort, deep hydration, and relatively long wear make it a best-seller.

I took swatch photos in full, late-morning sun. Because gravity was making my gloss swatch move southward, you will see some ripples in my photos.

This is a great shade for any time of year, but especially pretty for spring and summer. It has color and shine - what could be better?

I'd like to wax poetic about Sonate, but the hour is growing late (for me). It was an exhausting day at work, and I need to curl up with Charlie. On my next trip to Neiman Marcus, where I purchased Sonate, I need to see the third gloss I didn't see. I might need that too.

If the spring collection has not arrived at your favorite Chanel counter, it will soon. You should check it out. I'll bet you find at least one thing you love.

Photos by Best Things in Beauty

4 comments:

Lori Jenkins said...

Oh wow. This color is gorgeous! I adore when Chanel offers glossimers like this - no frost or shimmer. So excited to see the first swatches of spring, thank you! Hope you are feeling much better today!

Happy holidays from a loyal reader, Lori in Atlanta

Unknown said...

Looks lovely!!! It reminds me a bit of Nars Paris Follies and Guerlain Gloss d'Enfer 440 which are also corals (a bit leaning towards pink). This is a must for me, since coraly pinks are among my staple lip shades!!!

Never Enough Nails said...

Did you like Mumure at all or was it just ok looking? I can't decide which Glossimers I want from this collection

Melanie said...

It saddens me to think of spring already! Thanks for all of the swatches. I wish that I could wear peachy shades, but they just don't look good on me. Oh well, will have to wait for their summer collection!