Sunday, December 29, 2013

Guerlain Rouge Automatique from the Guerlain Météorites Blossom Collection for Spring 2014

Guerlain’s Rouge Automatique provides hydration and long-lasting color with one simple movement - a push of the lever. Luminous color with a second-skin texture is revealed from within a chic Art Deco cylinder. There are two new, limited-edition shades for Spring 2014: #171, Attrape Coeur, a spicy and cheerful pink; and #144, Insolence, a vibrant fuchsia.

While these lipsticks are not the stars of the collection, they offer two new brights to awaken our senses and pull forward the tropical colors of the cruise collections that will make their way to stores in a few days.

I purchased both, sight unseen, from the Guerlain Boutique in Las Vegas. Insolence, called a vibrant fuchsia by Guerlain, is shown in my photo above on the left. Attrape Coeur, described as a spicy and cheerful pink, is shown at right. I feared that Insolence would be too dark for me, but I can wear it at night. I used to shop with Ronda (before she moved to Armani), and my current adviser, Jonathan, is really a fragrance guy. I'm still "training" him to know what will work perfectly for me. He really tries, which I appreciate enormously since he has never seen me.

My photos were all taken in full, mid-afternoon sun. It was a glorious day to take photos of pretty lipsticks. My swatch photos show the full sun blazing on the colors.

Insolence is shown at the top of my arm. I would not call it fuchsia. It is much more attractive and wearable than fuchsia, which can be harsh and too blue on many women. Insolence is a cherry-rose red, a red for women who aren't comfortable in red.

Attrape Coeur is a warm pink - perfect for the season that will greet us when the last winter greys have gone south. It's my favorite of the two colors, one I may carry along with me. Does its name sound familiar? That's because Guerlain has used the name "Attrape Coeur" for fragrance and eye shadow. The name means heart catcher. I think the pink above could capture my heart.

Guerlain’s Météorites Blossom Collection will be available beginning January 2014 at select locations of Saks Fifth Avenue, Nordstrom, Bloomingdales, Neiman Marcus, Sephora, and Bergdorf Goodman. The Guerlain Boutiques and some department stores are already showing it.

Photos at top courtesy of Guerlain; other photos by Best Things in Beauty

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

These 2 colours are pretty, especially Attrape Coeur. That will suit many ladies. I cant wait to get them for Spring, I am so spring ready! =)

Charlestongirl said...

Me too, and winter has just begun!

Eileen said...

I bought Attrape-Cœure because it is such a cheerful color. It's bright and leans a bit coral, but because it has some sheerness to it, it melds with my natural lip color to produce a happy, warm rose that is reminiscent of springtime flowers. As for longevity and hydration, Attrape-Cœure is classic Rouge Automatique--not quite as moisturizing as Rouge G, but pretty close. It's a very nice lipstick and, as you mentioned, it will look happy and carefree with the resort wear that will soon be coming out. I think Blossom is the perfect name for this new collection. Both the lip and cheek colors are like a fresh bouquet :-)

Anonymous said...

These are absolutely gorgeous! Definitely perfect for spring :)

Anonymous said...

These are such stunners! I love a hint of coral :-)

FO said...

I picked up Insolence tonight, such a beautiful lipstick!

Марина Антипова said...

Very refreshing shades! I want both of lipstick!) Thanks for the review!

Adelina Eneșca said...

This shade is beautiful! I must give it a try! I am addicted to Guerlain!