Friday, December 27, 2013

Guerlain Météorites Blush from the Guerlain Météorites Blossom Collection for Spring 2014

Guerlain’s Spring 2014 Météorites Blossom Collection has begun to arrive in stores. I purchased my pieces from the Guerlain Boutique in Las Vegas. They should have arrived Tuesday, but thanks to UPS, my parcel didn't arrive until yesterday.

Here is Guerlain's description of the Météorites Blossom Collection, slightly edited. "The collection celebrates the reinvention of the legendary Météorites Pearls, whose light-diffusing properties minimize flaws and add brightness to the skin. More than 25 years after its invention, Météorites Pearls has emerged with a new constellations of colors to revive light and boost radiance. For the first time ever, Météorites Pearls incorporates Guerlain’s new, revolutionary "Stardust Technology," a spherical pigment contained within each pearl. This formulation diffracts light upon contact to offer the ultimate in luminous skin. Météorites Blossom celebrates this revolutionary technology, as well as the romantic colors of the new constellations, through images of light and infinite radiance."

Because I needed time to test out the new Météorites - those precious pearls of powder - I decided to show you the new, limited-edition Météorites Blush ($42) today. These two cream blushes melt into the skin instantly, leaving a satin finish with Guerlain's signature delicate violet scent. Pink (#01) is a delicate, baby pink shade. It is shown at left in my photos. Cherry (#02), shown at right in the photos, provides more oomph in color with a cheerful fuchsia. The cute little round blushes are encapsulated in a white and silver case, which pays homage to the Météorites bubbles.

When I first heard the description of Cherry, I feared that it might be too dark for me. I took a chance, and I'm glad I did. It blends out beautifully.

My swatch photos were taken in full mid-day sun. I used my fingers to apply the color. Pink is shown at the top of my arm, with Cherry below. I made no attempt to blend the shades.

I like the way these shades apply with just about any tool. I have tried a cream blush/foundation brush, fingertips, and a sponge. All worked well. Pink is probably the best color for fair skin - if you can only buy only one. It offers a bit of warmth. Cherry will take care of our friends with darker skin tones. Naturally, you can mix the shades if you want a color in between.

The Météorites Blushes adhere to my skin all day, with no fading. They have a nice creamy texture that is forgiving and facilitates easy application. Guerlain should make them permanent.

For now, look for the arrival of Guerlain's Météorites Blossom Collection for Spring 2014 at your favorite counter. The collection has not arrived yet at my Neiman Marcus haunts in the DC area. If you would like to order from the Guerlain Boutique, give Jonathan a call at (702) 732-7008.

Photos by Best Things in Beauty

21 comments:

Virginie said...

Quick question about the meteorites that are new for spring: I checked them out, and they are gorgeous, but aren't they the pearl form to the compact form that was just real eased this season???

Beauty Traveller said...

I so want to grab these. I am a makeup artist and big Guerlain fanatic. The blushes look amazing.These should be stocked up in case they happen to be limited editions..

Lovely post as usual

bisbee said...

These look like they could be applied directly to the cheek, then blended with fingers, brush or sponge. Don't you agree?

Sandy said...

These are gorgeous, thank you so much for the swatches! I can't wait to get your take on the new Perles--I have them in my 'cart' but I was hesitant to go through with the order until I read at least one review from a trusted source.

Happy Holidays!

LilyBiscuit said...

They're adorable! I showed my daughter, and of course, she wants one too :)

roxymisha said...

These new blushes look magnificent. So excited to try one - your information suggests they are easy to apply which is great. Thanks for the lovely post.

Niki

Eileen said...

Hi Virginie,

Short answer: No. The "old" compact Métëorites were retired and the new Voilettes compact powders are their replacements. Voilettes is mattifying and gives a subtle light-diffusing velvet finish. The "old" Météorites pearls were reformulated and have been released in a new formulation that is softer and has more glow. Voilettes and the new Météorites pearls create completely different looks. Voilettes is definitely not the compact version of Météorites pearls.

Jennifer Pellicone said...

I LOVE your reviews. you always make me 'need' the product, in just the right color too!
(And i 'need" pink!.
cspmom at gmail dot com

Evelyn said...

These are really too cute! I'm tempted to buy one, hopefully I get a chance to try them out.

Unknown said...

Wow, I'm not much of a blush applier, but the design (the Météorites bubble inspiration) definitely caught my eye! It's great that these cremes are easy to apply!

Anonymous said...

Any idea what the ingredients are for these? Thanks!

Deb said...

Hi CG. Thanks for posting these; I would never have noticed them. They are so cute; I want them just for the packaging. However, since the colors are so easily dupable, I was wondering if they left any tackiness after application? As we all know, some cream blushes have a tendency to do that and it is a deal breaker for me. Thanks.

Charlestongirl said...

Hi Deb, not a bit. They melt into my skin.

Charlestongirl said...

Anonymous, I cannot photograph black boxes with thin print. The photos never come out readable. However, if you want me to look for something in particular, let me know.

Sara said...

Thank you for the swatches! Pink looks very pretty and seems to glow in a way that reminds me of the By Terry rose de rose! I am in the car (not driving and typing) on the way up to DC and unfortunately my cats are not traveling well. My little one started drooling and meowing as soon as we got in the car- she must be carsick! Hopefully the I-95 traffic won't be bad and we can get her out if the car soon!

Virginie said...

Hi Eileen, thank you for your reply.
I don't think the one I am referring to are the Voilettes, these : Guerlain Crazy Météorites Radiance Pressed Powder, and Crazy 68 Terracotta Healthy Glow Powder are the one I was talking about. Maybe I am wrong. I just though they were looking similar in the pan. But this packaging would me make go buy it even if they were a replica to those compact!! Thanks!!

Eileen said...

Hi Virginie,

Me again! The newly reformulate Météorites pearls are quite different from the LE compact and pearls from the Holiday Crazy collection. The new pearls don't have nearly as much color to them as the Crazy versions do. They are more translucent and their effect is quite subtle. They are finishing powders designed to set your foundation and add a bit of glow rather than impart any color. So, the answer is still no. These are not duplicates :-)

Virginie said...

Thank you for following up Eileen! Now I got it. But it's funny because when I asked the sales person from Guerlain counter, I asked the same question and she told me yes they are the same with the Crazy collection! It kills me how sometimes, people that are not working for the brands know more and better of what is going on....Amazing! Thanks and have a good night.

lovethescents said...

These look fabulous. Love the idea and I'm glad Guerlain's finally done the cream blushers!

Resham said...

I just love how wonderful the packing looks.... Thank you for review.

FO said...

Thanks for the swatches! That's what convinced me to get Cherry. Despite the fact that the packaging feels a bit cheap, I'm sure I'm going to enjoy this blush.