Tuesday, December 3, 2013

Technical Difficulties

Last night was "one of those nights." I went downstairs to make and eat dinner, and when I returned, I had lost my Internet connection - the connection I had just been using. I spent an hour doing all the right things to restore it, but I never got a connection. I went to bed frustrated and tired.

I never considered that the cord could have come loose from its connection (that has never happened), but it had. I have no idea how. Charlie was downstairs with me. I had the "brilliant" thought to check just now, 5:30 am. Plugged back in, I'm in business.

I'll make it up to you.

Photo from multiple sources

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Please tell us you got your Chantecaille order in before this mishap!!!

Denise at aeiokid at comcast dot net

Charleston Girl said...

Yes, Denise, fortunately I did that at 5:00 am.:)

angusmum1 said...

Its usually the simplest of things that cause the greatest problem. I have an embarrassing story with a plumbing company eek!

Melanie said...

So frustrating! This has happened to me! I wish that it was always the case -- the snowfall that we have been having makes me lose my internet connection, sometimes for hours on end. Glad it wasn't worse!

LoveSugarBabyDoll said...

Thank goodness it was a simple fix.
And you'll never have to make up anything to anyone here, silly girl.

Chia-Yi Liu said...

that happened to me one time. imagine my mortification when our company tech guys came out and finally discovered the problem...