Friday, February 5, 2016

Chantecaille Spring 2016 Collection

Chantecaille's Spring 2016 Collection is all about the beauty of nature. It channels the grounding feeling of serenity when you are truly lost in the beauty of nature. Inspired by blooming fields of wildflowers, the look is romantic, bohemian, and effortless. 

Imperfections are blurred, and cheeks are glowing with a flattering flush of coral. Eyes are effortlessly enhanced with a wash of pale, silvery sage anchored by earthy browns. A delicate touch of shimmering cream puts focus on the eyes and plays against a burst of bold, juicy color on the lips for a youthful look that is modern and refreshing. - Chantecaille

If you've been reading Best Things in Beauty in prior seasons, you know I am a total Chantecaille devotee. I purchase just about everything the company introduces, and I wear Chantecaille makeup of one kind or another almost every day. I predict now that I'll need a backup of the new Le Magnolia Eye and Cheek Palette ($83, refillable) shown immediately below.

Chantecaille uses botanicals sourced from around the world. It's important to the company that the natural ingredients they use are harvested in socially and ecological ways. The beauty and health-care industries demand for wild plant ingredients is increasing. Unfortunately, some plants are being harvested in a non-sustainable manner. Houpu Magnolia is one such example. Once, thousands of magnolia trees grew wild all over China. Demands for the trees bark, prized for its anti-inflammatory properties and used abundantly in Chinese medicine as well as the cosmetic industry has contributed to the plant being extremely rare in its native habitats in China.

Chantecaille has created Le Magnolia Eye and Cheek Palette to increase awareness of TRAFFIC's work to improve the outlook for wild plant species and the livelihoods of people around the world through supporting the widespread adoption of the FairWild Standard. Embossed with a magnolia, this limited-edition complements the delicate watercolor hues seen on the 2016 runways. Five percent of the proceeds of each palette sold will be donated to TRAFFIC to support their wild plant conservation work.

The shades in the palette are Leaf, a unique, pale, pearly sage green that instantly brightens the eye area on the lid or lash line; Magnolia, a delicate and slightly iridescent pearl white; Bark, a semi-matte rich gentle brown to define and contour; and Wild, a fun, playful coral that adds a flush to the cheeks.

The Luster Glide Silk Infused Eye Liner ($34) is a perfect complement to the palette. It has a groundbreaking formula that captures the ultra-gliding, even application of a liquid liner in an easily controlled pencil that can be sharpened. You will want Earth, a deep espresso brown to wear with your Magnolia eye shadows.

Three Lip Chics ($36) round out the collection. Lip Chic is a lightweight, glossy lipstick that has a rich, soft texture with the shine and subtle plumping effects of a gloss. Available in three new shades for spring, the cushiony formula leaves lips feeling ultra-soft and looking shiny without any sticky feeling.

Gaia (was it named after The Non-Blonde?) is a soft, shimmering earthy caramel. Red Juniper is a classic and sophisticated berry red. Wild Poppy is a sheer, vibrant poppy red with a touch of coral. I must try Gaia as soon as I can get my hands on it.

Many thanks to Chantecaille for giving us this beautiful introduction. The Spring 2016 Collection will be available this month at Barney's New York, Bergdorf Goodman, Frederick Fekkai Salons, Neiman Marcus, Space NK, select Saks Fifth Avenue, Nordstrom, and Bloomingdale's locations. You can already purchase it at Chantecaille's Web site.

Photos courtesy of Chantecaille

25 comments:

bisbee said...

Lovely, but I am trying to cut back! On my radar are the Tatcha lipstick (wish I could find a swatch), the new Chanel lipsticks (ditto on swatches), the new Armani foundation, and the Chanel Les Beiges foundation, due out next month. So, I think
I'll just admire the Chantecaille...

DLori said...

I love Chantecaille but the colors in this palette look like at least 3 other palettes they've made. The colors are all the same. I wish there would be some variety. Bring back the colors from the Turtle palette or the elephant palette.

Charlestongirl said...

Bisbee, I will be posting photos of all next week, weather permitting. We are supposed to get snow Tuesday into Wednesday.

Charlestongirl said...

Hi Diane,
I see this palette as markedly different from priors. Check it out in a store.

wendy said...

hi charleston girl! i love chantecaille! i do have to order the products since there's no counter my way. i started with their pre-fall collection which i thought i would like very much. the peach color from the monte carlo duo did not show up on me at all. and, i didn't like the sunrise lipcolor. i've been reading everywhere that duo was used on many stars for many events. when i saw images from holiday collection, i thought that's stunning, charleston girl would love that, you need to get it! it was absolutely gorgeous but, both colors looked exactly the same. and, it looked "flat" on me, if that makes sense. guess i'm not using them right? i did like their new eye pencils. they really do glide on effortlessly but, how do you sharpen it? i expected a sharpener with the pencil. i'm too busy to return things anymore. this collection will probably be a pass even though the visuals are stunning (as always). i wonder who the new model is? if she's related to the chantecaille's. i still want the coral reef palette which, according to chantecaille is discontinued for some time now. the save the sharks palette is still available and reminds me of some spring collections on counter now.

Mamavalveeta03 said...

Chantecaille's palettes are always so darned gorgeous, but this one is spectacular! I look forward to your beautiful swatches.

Unknown said...

So happy to see your posts again, CG! This palette is beautiful and I was just telling myself that I had to check out Chantecaille for a little something new! However, I too want to scope out the Chanel Les Beiges Foundation and am trying to cut back on my cosmetic collection. When I see your swatches, I may have to just take the plunge. This palette is so pretty it will be hard to resist.
Take care and look forward to your next post! Happy Weekend!

Charlestongirl said...

Wendy, look on eBay for discontinued palettes. I adored the winter palette. Do you use a primer under your powder shadows? It really helps lift and hold the color.

Your question about the sharpener is a good one. I will ask Chantecaille next week. Stay tuned.

Charlestongirl said...

Me too, MamaVal! As soon as my new consulting job starts, I can buy it.

Charlestongirl said...

Thank you, Liz!

I'm in foundation overload right now. I'm continuing to test the new ones from Rouge Bunny Rouge and Armani. Maybe I can get a sample from my Chanel sweeties.

I agree on the Chantecaille palette. Plus, it's for a great cause.

Charlestongirl said...

I had hoped to get swatch photos today. I spent the whole morning getting Mom to our dentist and back. Now, it's cloudy. Drat!

Evelyn said...

I'm excited to see swatches of the palette, it's tempting but I need to be sure I love the colors otherwise it will sit in my drawer alongside the other Chantecaille palette I have. I want to support the cause and not let things gather dust. :)

Eileen said...

My last Chantecaille purchase was the Protect the Wolves trio from the fall 2015 collection. It can be used wet or dry to create beautiful effects with the deep forest green, the luminous taupe with hints of gold, and the black that is subtly infused with silver shimmer. The golden taupe and silvery black combine to create the warm and cool tones of a wolf's pelt and the beautiful blackened green prevents it from being just another boring, neutral, smoky eye palette. To give my eye shape a bit more definition, I also used the glide on pencil in Black Forest to tightline between my lashes. It reinforced the deep forest green without looking in the least bit garish. Chantecaille really knows how to do greens. I love it! And, the design on the refillable case is one of my favorites--a mesmerizing wolf in the forest. Since then; however, I haven't given Chantecaille much thought--until now! That's a beautiful springtime palette. I'll have to take a look at it when I visit the Chantecaille counter.

Anonymous said...

That is a wonderful small collection indeed and a very worthy campaign they stand behind. I wish that the demand for raw ingredients sparked the establishment of "farms" instead of affecting the wild habitats

Charlestongirl said...

Evelyn, I promise I'll get swatches as soon as the palette arrives at Neiman Marcus.

Charlestongirl said...

Transient, it has, actually, but progress is slow. The industry already has farms for fragrance ingredients. As soon as the demand grows, farms will be established for cosmetics ingredients.

kimmiegc said...

Dear Charleston Girl, Can I tell you how HAPPY I am that you are back! I just love your posts; I admire your swatches and writing. Just wanted to let you know. Best wishes, Kim

Charlestongirl said...

Thanks so much, Kim! I'm glad to be back with all of you.

Anonymous said...

This says that the top left is a green. It looks more like a taupe. Can you describe this color?

Charlestongirl said...

Anonymous, I hope to see it in person tomorrow. It looks sage to me in the photos.

Charlestongirl said...

Anonymous, I tested it today. It's definitely sage, but a sage with a lot of grey in it. Lighting will affect the way it looks at any given time.

Charlestongirl said...

I will get swatches when the planets align.

Unknown said...

Can't wait to see this watched. I am saving it in my basket and wondering if I really "need" it. But it is for a good cause! It sounds lovely in all descriptions that I have seen. The video Chantecaille posted to YouTube was not very helpful in viewing the shades.

SoSuSam said...

Hi Charleston Girl,
You may know this by now, since you posted this a few days ago, but you're already familiar with the "Gaia" lip chic: it's the lip-chic-previously-known-as-Isis. For obvious reasons, Chantecaille seems to have decided that they don't want to be associated with the name "Isis," so they gave it a new name. As I understand it, the color remained the same. I first learned about Isis years ago on your blog, so I know you've worn it! :)

JoanneJ_1974 said...

Thank you so much for the beautiful photos and swatches. I hadn't heard of this brand before, but I love what they are about and their products look stunning. I'm putting together a poster of some of their items on Instagram because any company that uses botanicals, natural ingredients harvested in socially and ecological ways and donates 5% of their proceeds should be supported by as many people as possible.