Wednesday, February 10, 2016

Le Métier de Beauté - Poised to Stun at the Neiman Marcus Mazza Gallerie Trend and Beauty Events

As most, if not all, of you know, Neiman Marcus Mazza Gallerie offers a tote bag containing samples as a GWP at its Beauty Events. If you spend $125 in Beauty from February 13 to 28, you will have a choice of a gold or orange tote. The orange one resembles the Hermès signature color. I like them both. The real treats, though, are at specific brands offering GWPs. Le Métier de Beauté at Mazza Gallerie is ready to pamper and reward you - not only at Beauty Event, but also at Trend Event. (I know, even I'm confused.)

This year, the Mazza Gallerie store also has a fashion Trend Event that will, for the first time, reward fashion purchases of $350 or more with a beauty gift. The Trend Event starts today and ends on February 17.

Two new Le Métier de Beauté skin-care products have arrived in time for both events, They are shown under the flowers above. I tried both products in the store and was impressed. Vital ET Recovery Boost Face ($250) is formulated with a potent dose of vitamin E to protect against free radicals and reduce overall redness. Vital ET Recovery Boost Face is rich and absorbs "deep into the skin" to instantly hydrate and restore, leaving skin radiant, rejuvenated, and intensely moisturized. Unlike other pore-clogging moisturizers, this oil-free moisturizer absorbs into the skin for faster results.

Vital ET Recovery Boost Body ($125) is also formulated with a vitamin E that helps to prevent free radicals from doing future damage to your skin. It rescues and restores extreme cases of dry, dehydrated skin like mine. It felt heavenly after application. With a highly concentrated topical recovery treatment, this formula is quickly absorbed to shield skin, replenish lost moisture, soften, and soothe. It is intended to be applied daily (I would use before bed) to maintain hydrated skin that looks and feels great.

If you spend $350 at Le Métier de Beauté during the Trend Event, you will receive your choice of the Brigitte Kaleidoscope (a $95 value), shown at the top of this feature, or the new Vital ET Recovery Boost Face ($250). To my knowledge, you cannot purchase Brigitte, a warm, adventurous, and alluring combination of colors that can be worn alone, or blended/layered to create a neutral smoky eye. It's really flexible. Neiman Marcus provided one for me (gratis) to swatch and show you the beautiful colors. Michael Reinhardt used it on me last week when he did my makeup, and I was smitten.

I swatched, starting at the top tier of the Kaleidoscope and moving down. The top tier is St. Tropez, a perfect neutral, lightening base. You can barely see it at the top of my arm in the photo above. I took my photos of Brigitte in full sun, and I swatched with a sponge-tipped applicator (not terribly neatly, I'm afraid - it was cold outside). Le Métier de Beauté recommends applying Séduction (the grey on the second tier) from your lash line to your natural crease. The third tier is Liberté, a gorgeous copper. You could gently press it over your entire eyelid, or apply however you like to wear copper. I'd apply it in my crease and the outer third of my lid. Deux, the fourth tier, is a medium charcoal grey. Michael applied it on me as a liner, smudged over a liquid, waterproof liner. Brigitte is one of the prettiest Kaleidoscopes I've used in months. I love it because I can wear it during the day. I don't get out much at night anymore - it's winter.

Moving on to the Beauty Event, which runs from February 13 to 28, if you spend $400 with Le Métier de Beauté, you will receive a cosmetics bag with a brand new, full-sized lipstick called Cerise (pink) and a one-time-use sample of the company's new Red Algae Collagen Mask (not yet introduced), and a deluxe travel size of the new Instant Lifting and Firming Serum (to be launched in April, $350). If you spend $500, you will also receive a step-up gift of the Chem60 Pro-Peel (full size, $165).

Wait, there's more. On February 11 and 17, you can make an appointment for a complimentary facial with Barbara, Le Métier de Beauté's aesthetician. I was treated to her facial a few months ago, and I felt pampered. My skin looked fabulous when she finished with me. I may go back for another tomorrow.

On February 25, Hylton Lea, the Global Director of Skincare, will lead a master class. That same day, a national makeup artist from Dallas will be at the store doing makeup consultations and applications.

If you want to participate in the facial, master class, or makeup session, you should call Michael Reinhardt (or Andy) at (202) 966-9700, extension 2258, to make an appointment. Otherwise, you can stop in anytime during the events, and Michael or Andy will help you with skin care or makeup.

Have I totally confused you? Michael would be glad to help you if you don't have a Neiman Marcus near you. I really don't know if all stores are having the same events or GWPs.

Photos by Best Things in Beauty

7 comments:

DLori said...

That copper in incredibly gorgeous. Do they sell it separately as a single? Thanks

Charlestongirl said...

Dlori, I don't think so, but I will ask Michael.

Charlestongirl said...

Dlori, Michael said there is no single in that copper color.

DLori said...

Thank you for taking the time to find out about the eyeshadow. I don't understand why so many companies don't sell the individual eyeshadow shades they use in their palettes? Well, actually, I do. Theres always one 'color in a palette that's absolutely gorgeous & many people would choose to purchase that color as a single instead of buying the whole palette. So by not releasing that color as a single, one is forced to spend more money buying the palette.

However, I do love the way the copper and silver colors in this palette work together.

Thanks again for helping me out.

hytrud said...

Thank YOU so very much for your wonderful educational post of Le Metier specials ending today, the 17th. I have been saving money for months now waiting to splurge during the grey months to last me all year long. Today being the last day, 17th of February Michael too was excited that I called for my treasure trove of beautiful essential goodies. I called Michael at 6:30 pm & was surprised he was still there and ordered my new Le Metier essentials for beautiful skin and radiant colors. Michael was so nice & very helpful to me and appreciated my calling him up just now to give him the required dollar amount order to receive all the amazing goodies you blogged for Le Metier. Pro Peel, New Algae Mask, New Serum (not yet on the market, coming in April), Lipstick and Bridget shadows..along with the NM tote with GWP of course. I am all giddy with excitement & filled with extra high energy now. So, I'm cooking up a big pot of Minestrone Soup to celebrate with a floater baguette slices with melted Parmigiana-Reggiano cheese. Michael emailed my receipt just now..and I cant stop smiling! Again, thank you Charleston Girl!

Charlestongirl said...

Thanks, Trud! I am one of Michael's many fans.

Lea said...

These are nice! Do you know if any counter would still have the Culte du Solarie one you reviewed in '14? IT IS BEAUTIFUL!! Do you still have yours? :) I am smitten with those colors. I wonder if they are individually sold? I'll go back and look. Thanks so much! Love your blog!

Lea