These powders are formulated in a sheer base that’s infused with concentrated, ultra-fine mico-pearl particles in a number of sizes and refraction levels for natural-looking luminescence - without leaving a heavy metallic finish. Developed with "Photoluminescent Technology," it captures, diffuses, and softens surrounding light to refine the appearance of the skin. Use it wet or dry for different levels of intensity, taking you from an everyday strobe highlight to a dramatic evening strobe highlight.
These universally flattering shades are perfect for all skin tones, and they’re designed to be used with the Ambient Strobe Light Sculptor (sold separately) for the most effortless application.
How are these powders different from the original Ambient Lighting Powders? Designed to emulate the way in which strobe lights capture and reflect light on the face, Ambient Strobe Lighting Powders contain a more concentrated level of micro-pearl particles in varying sizes and refraction levels. Combined with a sheerer base, the powders impart a highlight to the face in its purest form without masking the skin beneath it. They are very sheer, as you can see below on my arm.
"Ambient Strobe Lighting Powders give off the most amazing glow to your skin without being overpowering. I love using them with the Ambient Strobe Light Sculptor when I want a more reflective highlight." - Carisa Janes, Hourglass Founder
How does Hourglass recommend that you apply Ambient Strobe Lighting Powders? By using their Ambient Strobe Light Sculptor - wet or dry to achieve varying levels of intensity, taking you from day to night.
- To broaden a narrow forehead, gently dab the angled side of the Sculptor to the middle of the forehead.
- To give height to the nose, sweep the tip of the Sculptor down the bridge of nose. Add more to the tip of the nose for a lifted effect.
- To accentuate the cheekbones and lift the brows, sweep the angled side of the Sculptor along the tops of the cheekbones, up towards the top of the brow in a “crescent moon” shape.
- To open up the eye area, dab the tip of the Sculptor under the brow bone and in the inner corners of the eyes.
- To create the look of fuller lips, dab the tip of the Sculptor on the Cupid’s bow.
- Use the flocked side of the Sculptor to blend and diffuse any harsh edges. Powder can be layered, gradually building up to your desired intensity.
I think of these Hourglass powders as highlighting powders. They do sparkle, so you may want to limit their use to nightime occasions. If you are comfortable with micro-glitter, you can use them during the day.
Have you tried them? You can find them at Sephora and Hourglass.
Photo at top courtesy of Sephora; other photos by Best Things in Beauty