Tuesday, July 12, 2016

Bobbi Brown Highlighting Powders from the Sunset Pink Collection for Summer 2016

Bobbi Brown's Sunset Pink Highlighting Powders ($46) are gorgeous. They are available in three shades. Inspired by the golden pink hues of a Telluride sunset, this light-reflective powder delivers high-impact, buildable radiance. Each comes in a limited-edition mirrored compact.

I purchased them online the moment I saw them. My only quandary was whether to order two or all three. I exercised some restraint and ordered Afternoon Glow and Sunset Glow. I decided Telluride was too similar to other light golds I already own.

The photo directly above shows Afternoon Glow on the left and Sunset Glow on the right. My photos were taken in full, mid-day sun. The grungy look on Afternoon Glow's compact is actually the sun's reflection. I can't figure out why Bobbi Brown's photo at the top of this feature shows the compacts as having a gold border around the powder. Mine are black.

I applied both Highlighting Powders heavily with a sponge-tipped applicator. Had I swatched with a powder brush, the impact of the shades would be much more subtle. Formulated with highly reflective pearl pigments, these Highlighting Powders create a luminous, natural-looking glow. They gleam; they do not sparkle.

Bobbi Brown suggests you use a Sheer Powder Brush (sold separately) to dust Highlighting Powder high on the cheeks, over blush. Finish with a touch on the center of the face - the forehead, bridge of the nose, and cupid’s bow.

Afternoon Glow is shown at the top of my arm, with Sunset Glow below. I think both of these shades are heavenly. I have used them as highlighters, on my eyes, and in the case of Sunset Glow as a blush. They are definitely multipurpose makeup.

You can purchase these highlighters at Bobbi Brown's Web site and all Bobbi Brown counters. I purchased mine from Bobbi Brown online.

Photo at top courtesy of Bobbi Brown; other photos by Best Things in Beauty

5 comments:

LilJeJa said...

They are both gorgeous!

Eileen said...

Those are both really beautiful on your skin tone and I'm so glad to see Bobbi doing something with more glimmer and less sparkle. As much as I like her iconic shimmer bricks, it was time for a change. Right now the look is more about the molten gleam and less about the fairy dust. These are just right for the time :-)

Mamavalveeta03 said...

I have "Afternoon Glow" and I love how I can lightly dust it over my powder blush on the tops of my cheekbones, as well as over cream blush. It glows, but doesn't shine. It's even pretty on my eyelids!

Sandra said...

I also have "Afternoon Glow" and I love it. I wear it alone when I am in a hurry, but it looks wonderful over foundation, blush or however you choose to use it. A very versatile and and lovely product.

CGirl said...

Those are beautiful! I think I might have to get Afternoon Glow.