Thursday, July 7, 2016

Guerlain Terracotta Terra Magnifica Bronzing Powder Contrast Highlighter Face and Décolleté for Summer 2016

Guerlain's Terracotta powder is available at Neiman Marcus in a “Contrast and Highlighter” limited edition ($78) called Terracotta Terra Magnifica Bronzing Powder Contrast Highlighter Face and Décolleté. Irresistible, in an ultra-large size for a face and décolleté use, it will last forever. It was introduced June 15. I mentioned it in my summer preview.

With a new packaging design, the Terracotta bronzing powder duo is the most desirable summer collector's piece: the combination of the best-selling Terracotta shade #03, which naturally warms all complexions, and a sand shade with a slight gold shimmer. The colors can either be blended together to warm the complexion and enhance the natural radiance of a tan or applied separately to sculpt and highlight the face. On the skin the result is impeccable and remains so all day long.

The metal collector's case, with a screw-on top, is reusable after the powder is finished. While the powder is consistent with prior year's products, the case is totally different. For example, there's one in my bathroom that has a magnetic top.

I took all of my photos at my house after I purchased this beauty at Neiman Marcus. I had full sun, but it was late afternoon.

The surface of this bronzer is gorgeous. I love the design with the sun's rays. I swatched across all shades, including the golden highlights, with a sponge-tipped applicator. I applied the swatch at the top of my arm relatively heavily, and I used the same applicator to apply a much less intensive swatch below.

As you can see, this bronzer is golden. It should work for most skin tones, and I'll bet it's gorgeous on tanned skin. You can probably also see in my photo that it's sparkly. The sparkles are evident in direct light. The powder is described as follows.
  • A unique combination of pigments to banish dullness and set the complexion glowing.
  • A formula that does not dry out the skin and offers long-lasting comfort.
  • Powder microlayers form an ultra-fine film that follows the facial contours perfectly, preserving the skin's natural finish. Can be applied without the risk of marking clothing.
I'm pleased to have this beautiful "statement piece." If Neiman Marcus is to be believed, it is exclusive to them and their sister company Bergdorf Goodman. (I have found such claims to be misleading in the past when stores get a product in advance of others, so it's only exclusive for a month or so).

Photo at top courtesy of Neiman Marcus; other photos by Best Things in Beauty

4 comments:

hytrud said...

Are the gold colors of the tiny dots or the sun rays go all the way through the bottom of the compact? Or, just on the top layer for decoration purposes only? It would would be nice to know this before I consider purchasing this if you know. If I get down to the next layer, or the 3rd layer, I would be more interested in the gold tones than the darker tones is why I ask.

Charlestongirl said...

Trud, they are decorative. I'm rather sure they are only surface decoration.

Versicolor1 said...

This is the best bronzer of the season. A must have for powder fans.

Evelyn said...

I feel so bad using these, they are such a work of art.