Saturday, December 12, 2015

Chanel Spring 2016 Beauty Collection - Part 1

Part of Chanel's 2016 makeup collection has arrived at Neiman Marcus. The eye shadow quad will not arrive until January, I'm told. You can see it here.

As you can see above, there is plenty to keep you occupied for now. The dazzling blush appears to be the centerpiece of the collection this month. There are three sheer lipsticks that drew my eyes immediately. I love, love, love Chanel's sheers!

I swatched the blush and three Rouge Coco Shine lip colors. The light outside was not ideal. The sun was struggling to emerge from behind the clouds. So my photos are not sharp (and really don't please me). I'm sorry, but since it's Christmas shopping season, I can't go back today. I might get crushed.


The sheer lip colors are shown above. Mighty, #116, is shown at the top of my arm. It's a pastel pink that leans blue-pink. The pretty coral Shipshape, #114, is shown in the middle, with the beautiful rose Energy, #118, shown at the bottom. I love them all, but have a preference for Shipshape and Energy because they are more pigmented or more colorful.


The blush, Sunkiss Ribbon, has a snazzy pattern (see above). I blended all of the colors together for my swatch, and a pretty peach resulted. The nice thing about the pattern is that you can easily choose to use the different shades alone or in combination for different color effects.

There is more in this collection for spring, and I will feature the rest of the items - most likely in January. All in all, I think it's a beautiful collection that will have something in it for each of us to think spring during the winter.

I apologize for my photos. They show what clouds will do, no matter how bright it is outside. I used them only to give you this quick look at the blossoming of a gorgeous spring collection.

If you need to order by phone, you can call Nicki at Neiman Marcus Mazza Gallerie at (202) 966-9700 or Rahman at Neiman Marcus Tysons Galleria at (703) 761-1600. Ask the operator for Chanel Cosmetics.

In my next features, I will explain where I've been and show you the stunning NEST Fragrances collection for the holidays.

Photos by Best Things in Beauty

17 comments:

Mamavalveeta03 said...

Merry Christmas, CG! I love that beautiful blush, worth the "price of admission" alone! And the gloss on the display is catching my eye. Can't wait to see the rest of it.

Elysse said...

Welcome back! Can't wait for more of your posts!

saw said...

Thanks so much for the quick swatches, very helpful!

Lisa said...

Merry Christmas! Lovely post! Thank you for shining the light of spring on a dreary Saturday in Houston!

Running with Scissors said...

thanks for posting this gorgeous collection and Merry Christmas x

Gigi48 said...

Love this blush

Pamela said...

It's always a pleasure to see/read your blog! You have a vital and unique perspective and I always value your opinions. I look forward to seeing you again soon and wish you a wonderful holiday and all the best in the coming year!

Melanie said...

Merry Christmas! Hope that you are well.

I am anxiously awaiting this collection. So much of it is right up my alley -- the quad, the eyeliners, the nail colour, the mascara! Looking forward to more previews!

My best in 2016!

wendy said...

omg!!! hi charleston girl!! i was super excited when i checked my email and saw this post!! i've missed you very much! i was worried that there would be nothing wearable in this collection. the holiday collection quad arrived a few weeks late as well. although, i strongly doubt i'll purchase it even if it's on the sheer side. i know i want the blush and hopefully the lippies will work. do i see a glossimer? and, i'm so hoping the cream shadow with the name "moon" in it is wearable. i wonder what the model is wearing in the promo ad because it sure looks like a vivid red to me? it's usually a x-mas tradition for me to purchase spring collection on x-mas eve at dillards. maybe, they'll get the collection early too. i can't wait for your other posts! love, wendy.

Eileen said...

So good to see you posting again. I hope that both your knees are fully recovered and that you're ready to enjoy the holidays.

Those RC Shines are simply scrumptious, aren't they? One of the things I love about the Shine formula is that it makes wearing vibrant colors so easy; even on chronically dry lips like mine. They're swipe and go lusciousness :-) And, this particular trio offers a nice wardrobe of clear, springtime color. As for the eyes, I followed the link you provided and was surprised by the abundance of purple, blue, and green in the collection. It reminded me a bit of the year that Armani had those same intense colors in an eyeshadow palette. The jewel tones were both stunning and dramatic when worn at night I imagine the Chanel collection will have a similar vibe. I must say, though, that I don't get the name of the collection: LA Sunrise. I live in a coastal valley famous for its sunrises and sunsets that is just a stone's-throw from LA . As pretty as the collection is, there is nothing about the eye or nail shades that says LA. Oh well, a rose by any other name . . . LOL. The colors are gorgeous and that is all that really matters.

HRH Paula said...

So glad to see some happy colors! Waiting for your next post!

LSBD said...

Hey Charleston Girl! So excited to see you in my inbox and on bloglovin!
Hope you are feeling better.

I agree with Eileen. I don't get the name of the collection, but that won't stop me from being the first in line to order the purple mascara and that amazing blush! I have never had luck with the Rouge Coco Shines. They last for mere minutes on my lips. I buy them every once in a while hoping that the formula will have changed. Is it only me? You and many others seem to love them.

That blush is so beautiful. I can't wait to see it in person.

Meredith said...

Good to hear from you again! Lovely collection, can't wait to see in person. Have a Merry Christmas and give a kiss to Charlie for me.

Dovey said...

Hi Charlestongirl,

Thank you for this heads up, the colors in Spring 2015 are gorgeous, especially might and the blush. The nail shade in your photo has me intrigued as well. Hope all is well and happy holidays! :)

Jessica said...

The blush is amazing! Love the color and how it can be blended with other colors. I think this is something worth checking out.

Christina said...

It's great seeing a post from you again! Truth be told, I can't seem to get excited about this collection, and I'm not sure why. I'm looking forward to hearing everyone's thoughts about the colours, especially the blush.

Resham said...

Beautiful!!!!