Tuesday, December 15, 2015

NEST Fragrances Holiday Gifts

Last week, I had the privilege of meeting Laura Slatkin, founder and executive chairman of NEST Fragrances. NEST Fragrances is a luxury lifestyle brand, offering a full range of fragranced products for the body, bath, and home. NEST is well known for its beautiful fragrances, high-quality ingredients, and exceptionally beautiful packaging. The photo above shows Laura with the members of her team who accompanied her to Saks Fifth Avenue, Chevy Chase, Maryland. That's Laura in the middle above, Doreen LaSala on the left, and Wil Galvez on the right. I am sorry my photo is dark. I've found it difficult to get shadow-free photos in that store.

The holiday display (above) shows several of NEST's holiday specials. The red and gold velvet box is as gorgeous as the Classic Candle, scented with pomegranate, Mandarin orange, pine, cloves, and cinnamon with a hint of vanilla and amber. Birchwood Pine graces the top row. It will fragrance your room with the aroma of a majestic winter forest, created by a blend of white pine, fir balsam, and birchwood over a base of rich musk and amber. Hearth, shown below the Classic Candle, is woody. It combines rich oud wood with frankincense and hints of smoky embers. I have a friend in the beauty industry who has already purchased Hearth. He loves it!

All of these fragrances are available not only in candles, but also in diffusers. Check out the NEST Holiday Boutique for more information. NEST products can also be purchased at Saks Fifth Avenue and Neiman Marcus. You will be surprised that NEST's beautiful scented candles, diffusers, soaps, and other offerings are very reasonably priced for luxury products.

There were several other large displays of NEST's elegant products spaced around the room. My favorite was the flower arrangement above. The photo shows me with Laura. I wish I had thought to take off my sunglasses before Wil took this picture using my camera.

The photo above shows the liquid hand soaps with a pump top that I can't live without. I have one at every sink in my house. I purchased a holiday special set of liquid hand soaps at a great price. I needed them!

I've met many industry people during my years of blogging. I want you to know that Laura Slatkin is one of the most gracious women I have ever met. She took time to sit with me and talk - not only about her company, but also our parents and our experiences as they aged. Talking with her was like talking to a best friend, and we had just met. She is absolutely lovely in every respect.

I asked her about spring. What will be introduced? One fragrance called Corsica sounds like a must-have. Imagine a blend of figs with other Mediterranean scents. Heavenly! NEST's first four-wick candle presented in a porcelain-like oblong container can be used on the dinner table even after the candle has reached the end of its life. Just fill the container with flowers, and you will have an instant centerpiece. I am ready for spring - even though we are having spring weather this week.

A NEST purchase will make a lovely Christmas gift or hostess gift. Or you could treat yourself. The friends to whom I have given NEST's products were thrilled.

I want to thank Wil for inviting me to this cozy gathering. I had much fun with the NEST Fragrances team that night. They made me feel at home.

Photos by Best Things in Beauty

9 comments:

Eileen said...

How wonderful to see you out and about; enjoying lovely people and being surrounded by beautiful products! I love well planned events like this; especially when the people involved are so very kind. Of course, a certain amount of that is because of people like you. Warm, friendly, and appreciative guests make all the difference. As for forgetting to take off your sunglasses, I thought you left them on because the blue tinge matched your jacket! I was thinking how stylish you looked :-) With your blue eyes, pale hair, and ice blue jacket, you're the epitome of winter beauty.

This year I picked up a few extra Nest products to have on hand for those times when a spur of the moment gift is needed. All the products are so beautifully packaged and presented and, of course, the scents are divine. All they need is a cheerful bow and they're something anyone would appreciate and enjoy. As for the future release, Corsica, I'll have to keep that one on my radar. It sounds like it will be perfect come spring here in the warm So Cal coastal area. Thanks, Charlestongirl, for sharing your day with us.

Mamavalveeta03 said...

Look at how pretty you look in that baby blue jacket! It's so good to see you! I love NEST candles and frequently give them as gifts because they are well-priced, as you said, for such a lovely candle. I had the good fortune of winning a set of NEST Holiday candles a few years ago, and I can still smell them in my memory...they were THAT good!

Mamavalveeta03 said...

I was just googling an image of an "orange cat in a manger" because my kitty decided that he is baby Jesus (and it's on top of an antique cupboard!), when I found the perfect one...and it's YOURS!!! I wish I had taken a picture when he did it, but alas, the moment passed. He'll do it again, I'm sure!

Charlestongirl said...

MamaVal, I used to set up our manger under the tree. I thought I placed all the characters perfectly. Then our cat would displace everyone, including the baby Jesus, Mary, and Joseph so he could sleep in the manger. He also overturned the tipsy three wise men on their camels. I couldn't be upset with him. I just redid it everytime he chose to sleep there. I can still see him in my minds eye.

Charlestongirl said...

Eileen, my John Lennon sunglasses are really green. It's interesting to me that they look blue in photos. They match my usual handbag well.

I can't rave enough about NEST and the whole team. They are warm, sweet people, and I'm glad the love they put into their creations is recognized.

Charlestongirl said...

You can read more about Laura, with a much better picture here: http://dujour.com/news/laura-slatkin-nest-fragrances/?utm_campaign=dujour&utm_source=twitter.com&utm_medium=social

Mamavalveeta03 said...

Our cat is also enamored of running as fast as he can across our hardwood floors and then sliding on the Christmas tree skirt!

Charlestongirl said...

I'd love to see that, MamaVal.

Eileen said...

Whichever holiday it is that you and your readers celebrate this time of year, and even if that is no holiday at all, I hope you'll all enjoy spending some time just relaxing with friends and family (including the furry or feathered ones!) over the next few days. Winter is my favorite season of all. I love the crisp air, startling clear skies, the scent of wood fires burning in the hearths, the sweet spice of goodies fresh from the oven--I love everything about this time of year. But most of all, I love those quiet moments of peace and serenity that take up residence in my heart. Yes, we can all spend time lamenting man's senseless cruelty to man and beast, but it is important that we never lose sight of the beauty that lies within our hearts and so I treasure the spirit of the holidays that proclaim to one and all, "Peace on earth." Happy holidays, Charlestongirl! Happy holidays dear readers!