Monday, July 28, 2014

Bobbi Brown Sheer Lip Color - New Shades for the Season

Bobbi Brown added new shades to her Sheer Lip Colors ($26) for the season. Naturally, I jumped right in when I saw there were new options for me. I selected three new shades: Sunlit Pink (#18), Peach Sorbet (#20), and Pink Taffy (#21).

The sheer lip look of the season is a lightweight formula that delivers an effortless wash of color plus nourishing shine. The best part? Formulated with luxurious shea butter, murumuru butter, and apricot kernel oils, Sheer Lip Color rejuvenates and nourishes the overall condition of the lips instantly and over time. This beautiful lip color glides on smoothly and evenly and yields hours of feather-free wear. Available in a range of creamy and shimmery shades, the the hardest part of using  Sheer Lip Color is having to choose your favorite colors.

Here are my three new shades, Sunlit Pink (#18), Peach Sorbet (#20), and Pink Taffy (#21) from left to right. I'm sorry they aren't evenly lined up. They were rolling around on me as I tried to get a photograph of the three little soldiers.

I will skip right to the swatch photos to show you how pretty they are. I swatched in numeric order, starting at the top of my arm with Sunlit Pink (#18). My photos were taken in full, early afternoon sunshine. It was very bright outside.

I absolutely adore Sunlit Pink, despite the fact that I would have called it rose bronze. It's more brown than pink. It's gorgeous on the skin and the lips. The shimmer adds volume to my lips. It has plenty of color while remaining sheer. I'm smitten!

The shade in the middle, Peach Sorbet (#20) is also a little oddly named. I see it as a warm pink. I do see peach tones in it, though. Like Sunlit Pink, it's gorgeous on the skin and the lips. The shimmer adds volume, and it offers plenty of color while remaining sheer.

The lightest shade, Pink Taffy (#21) is very sheer. A baby pink, it's pretty, but not the stunner like the other two.

If you'd like to see my earlier feature on Bobbi's Sheer Lip Colors, click here. You can find these lovely lip colors at Bobbi Brown's Web site and all Bobbi Brown counters.

Photo at top courtesy of Bobbi Brown; other photos by Best Things in Beauty

3 comments:

Mamavalveeta03 said...

I'm crazy about Sunlit Pink and I purchased it for summer, but like you, I think it deserves a different name. I like Your idea!

Charlestongirl said...

Hey MamaVal,

Isn't it gorgeous with a cap "G"?

Unknown said...

Sunlit Pink is my choice. It does give a rose bronze appearance in your photo.