Wednesday, July 23, 2014

Clé de Peau Beauté Eye Color Quad in #301 from the Celestial Beauty Collection for Fall 2014

Here's Clé de Peau Beauté's Eye Color Quad in #301 ($55), the third of the three I purhcased.  This one is "interesting." I usually look for palettes to have coordinating shades, often ranging from a light base shade to a dark accent or liner shade. This quad features four hightllighters.

I'll go straight to the swatch photos to "make my point." I took my photos in full, late-morning sunshine. I swatched from left to right as I moved down my arm. I swatched using a sponge-tipped applicator, applying each shade relatively heavily so that you could see the shimmering shades well.

The pink at the left in the quad is a nice, light pink - not too blue, but nor warm either. What appears to be light gold in the palette is actually an ivory/flesh tone on my skin.

The white shade is bright white. It jumps off the skin with its whiteness. The only shade with a suggestion of "real color" is the antique gold. It's very pretty, but seems disconnected from the other three shades.

My impression is that Clé de Peau created #301 to accompany every other quad in the collection, offering highlighters and plenty of options. Naturally, one can create a pale eye with this quad, and that might be beautiful on Asian skin tones. I'd like to see it used.

You can find the new Clé de Peau Beauté Eye Color Quads at very few sites so far. I purchased in store at Neiman Marcus. They can be found online at Saks in the What's New section. Otherwise, keep checking your favorite source for Clé de Peau Beauté. The collection should arrive within two weeks. Nordstrom told me they expected it in store late this week.

Photos by Best Things in Beauty

9 comments:

K said...

Thank you for the lovely swatches of these three quads!! The soft sheen is delectable - they remind me a lot of Suqqu (but much easier to find in the US!!). Am curious about your opinion between these, Suqqu, and the new Chanel quads :)

Meredith said...

These new quads look sparkly and scratchy rough in the package but on your arm they look smooth and creamy. Are they at all rough on the eyelid? My eyes are extremely sensitive so if these have sparkle bits in them, I can't wear them. Thank you for your answer.

Lisa said...

This quad is so strange. The bright white and antique gold are so harsh against the other 2 shades in this palette. This palette would have to go back if it were mine. Totally unworthy for the price. Too many other dupeable shades out there and one better too. Thank you so much for the post! Your lighting is always so great I always feel like I am see the true color!

Christina said...

Not to be rude, but in my respectful opinion, all shadows appear to have different colors of highlighting powder.

I wish they where not so shiny!

Charlestongirl said...

Meredith, they don't feel grainy.

Charlestongirl said...

Yep, Lisa, this quad is bizarre. I swear it was designed to be an add-on.

Jessica said...

Great swatches! I think its a must try. Love the level of colors and I am so curious on how it will look altogether.

Gauri said...

So sparkly!!

Kiss & Make-up said...

Lovely swatches! Just a tad too light for me though. I prefer more color packed shades.