Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Suntegrity Natural Mineral Suncare

Looking for a moisturizing sunscreen that isn't filled with chemicals? I found one for you!

I know that some of you can't use sunscreens that offer chemical UV protection from ultraviolet rays. You've told me in your comments. Suntegrity offers products with the best known physical block ingredient (non-nano sized zinc oxide) to provide broad spectrum UVA/UVB protection, along with antioxidants and amino acids to enhance that protection and help with skin repair. Suntegrity's products use non-toxic preservatives to maintain their integrity without sacrificing safety or health. I was given an opportunity to try Suntegrity All Natural Moisturizing Face Protection SPF 30 ($45). I'll give you the short summary before I tell you about it. It is extremely nice.

Top rated by the Environmental Working Group, this moisturizing sunscreen offers UVA and UVB broad-spectrum protection from the sun, and it's infused with youth-promoting antioxidants and astaxanthin. It contains 20% zinc oxide. It was carefully formulated for all skin types, and it's free of parabens, petrochemicals, phthalates, propylene glycol, mineral oils, synthetic dyes, sulfates, PABA, titanium dioxide, nanoparticles (which can enter the bloodstream), and chemical UV absorbers. It's vegan and cruelty-free. How about that?

I know beauty bloggers nag our readers about the harmful effects of the sun's rays. Many of us know through experience what the sun can do to our skin. I'll admit that a little (very little) sun exposure for a short period a few times/week can help us maintain optimal vitamin D levels. Unfortunately, many of us are exposed to UVA/UVB rays for much longer periods than we need for our vitamin D levels - even while we are indoors. That's why we all need to wear sunscreens. Remember, you can take vitamin D supplements if your doctor finds you don't have enough - like me.

The history of Suntegrity's line is inspiring - and sad. Tricia Trimble's mother died of skin cancer. After losing her mom to melanoma, she became an advocate of wearing sunscreen. However, most of the sunscreens on the market use chemical UV blockers and contain a lot of toxic ingredients, and it didn’t make sense to her to use these types of sunscreens to prevent skin cancer only to get another kind of cancer. After several years of research and investigation, she decided to develop her own sun care line that works from both the inside-out and the outside-in. With a heartfelt mission and the help of an extremely knowledgeable formulator and chemist, Tricia's company, Suntegrity Skincare, was born. Tricia's wish for us? "I hope you enjoy our products and smile in the memory of someone you love every time you use them."

The All Natural Moisturizing Face Protection with SPF 30 comes out of the convenient pump container a bit thick, and my first thought was that it might be hard to apply, leave me with a grease slick, or impede my makeup application. Was I wrong! The product absorbs very quickly and feels weightless once it absorbs. It's not greasy at all, and my makeup behaved perfectly over it. This is a great sunscreen for you, whether you have chemical sensitivities or not. I am very impressed.

Suntegrity also offers a body moisturizer and a dietary supplement that includes vitamin D - and some other good ingredients for your skin. I plan to try the body moisturizer next.

You can find Suntegrity's products, including this facial moisturizer, at Suntegrity Skincare, Amazon, and other retailers listed at this link. I think you will like Suntegrity. For those of you who have told me that you can't wear most sunscreens because of their chemical ingredients, this one may save you.

Photos courtesy of Suntegrity

No comments: