Monday, February 17, 2014

Chantecaille Lip Chic - Primrose and Wild Rose - New Shades for Spring 2014

Primrose and Wild Rose Lip Chic ($35) are perfect sheer shades for greeting spring with a pastel glow.

As I've written many times, Lip Chic is a hybrid lipstick that combines the high shine and plumping effects of a gloss with the rich, even coverage of a lipstick. It applies with an incredibly soft, lightweight texture as it helps to smooth and firm the lips.

This exceptionally comfortable formula is easy to apply in an even finish that is shiny but never sticky - it's hydrating. Lip Chic leaves lips decidedly more youthful in appearance.

I love Lip Cheek, so I was thrilled that I could select from two new shades. I saw them at the counter at Neiman Marcus and decided I had to have both. I suspect any sheer lipstick lover will have a dilemma choosing only one. There are four Lip Chics on the spring display, so make sure you are looking for these two, not the other pretty re-promotes shown with them.

I made a bit of a mistake before I photographed them. I had applied a body moisturizer all over my arms before I remembered that I needed a surface to which they would adhere. As a result, the color on my arms looks a bit uneven. Blame that on me, not the lipsticks.

Wild Rose is shown at the top of my arm, with Primrose below. I had no green backdrop for the photos - mostly snow - so please forgive. That white stuff is not the best for showing makeup. Plus, I was freezing. My heart was pumping extra hard to keep by body warm!

Primrose, combined with my natural lip pigmentation, looks like a light, cool-toned pink on me. A touch of blue brings out the blue in my eyes. Wild Rose will be the favorite for everyone looking for more pigmented color. It's also a cool tone - a kiss-me pink.

I am pleased to own both. I suspect I'll wear Wild Rose the most often, but either will do just fine for a protected, hydrated, shiny lip that I can apply without needing a mirror. Wear time is average (for me).

There is a darker photo below. It shows how the colors look with a stark white background. I love the shine - the only reason I included this map of my veins.

You can find Chantecaille's Spring 2014 colors at all Chantecaille counters. Remember, the Neiman Marcus Beauty Event starts in two days, so you'll want to take advantage of the gifts with purchase.

Photos courtesy of Best Things in Beauty

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi! Ive been waiting for you to review these colors. I ran out of patience and ordered the Bees Palette, lip chics in Wild Rose and Amour instead of Primrose (love them!) But Im wondering if I need Primrose too. How does Amour compare to Primrose side by side??

*JW* said...

NM Event starts today online! Have already placed an order and can't wait to receive that pretty pink (you get to choose) bag with goodies.

Lisa said...

When I had my makeover with the bee palette the artist pulled Magnolia (a repromote) for me and I loved it! Primrose had too much white in it for my NC20 skin. Wild rose was pretty. But there was something about the contrast of the sheerly washed colors of the bee palette with a saturated spring lip color that really worked for me.

Anonymous said...

I love them both! These are really the only lipsticks that I wear on a regular basis due to my dry lips. Thank you so much for sharing!

Anonymous said...

It's hard to tell from the swatch, but how much different is Primrose from Camelia?

Unknown said...

I like both. I'd wear the Wild Rose more. I have Bourbon Rose and I enjoy wearing it. I used it with my Discrete lip definer.

Walls said...

I thnk I need Wild Rose in my life, but after doing a bit of preliminary research, I don't know if there's a store nearby that sells Chantecaille (I recently moved to Zürich, but neither Globus nor Jelmoli lists the brand on their web sites). I may have to do some more exploring or just wait until my next trip abroad.

Thanks for sharing, CG. Enjoy the Lip Chics and stay warm!

Sara said...

Both are beautiful! Wild Rose reminds me of Guerlain's attrape coeur shade for spring! I can't wait to see Chanel's new lipstick shades!