Tuesday, February 11, 2014

Jo Malone London Rain Collection

Jo Malone London's newest limited-edition scent collection is here - at counters. The collection is inspired by the London rainy weather and is aptly named “London Rain.” The early morning dew is captured in the sparkle of Rain & Angelica, with notes of angelica, lime, and vetiver. Gentle morning showers are wistfully evoked in Wisteria & Violet with notes of water lily, wisteria, and patchouli. The scent of White Jasmine & Mint was inspired by an afternoon cloudburst and includes notes of lily, orange flower, rose, and wild mint. As the afternoon gives way to the late evening, we are introduced to Black Cedarwood & Juniper, with aromas of cumin, juniper, chili leaves, cedar, and moss.

I plan to check out all four colognes in the collection this weekend. I know I can rule out Wisteria & Violet, even though the name is luscious. It contains patchouli. Which one will I select? Stay tuned.

There are no body or home products available - just in case you were thinking of them. With the Neiman Marcus Beauty Event starting on February 19, it might be a good time to check out this collection. Need help? Give Sydelle a call at the Jo counter at (202) 966-9700.

Update 2:15: I got to try all four today. Not surprisingly, my favorite top notes were in Wisteria & Violet. Knowing the patch was in it, I didn't get too excited. I knew the lovely floral would give way to a patch dry-down on my skin. Rain & Angelica is very nice. So - to my amazement - is Black Cedarwood & Juniper. It is heavier than the others and very sexy. I still haven't decided which one to buy. All scents are the large size: 3.4 ounces.

Photo courtesy of Jo Malone London

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

The first one sounds really lovely.

Anonymous said...

I haven't heard anything about these and cannot really picture the scents per their names. Do these only come in the larger size? I am looking forward to your opinion.
Tanja

Mamavalveeta03 said...

I'm still holding out for "Wild Bluebell," but then I find everything Jo Malone does captivating!

Anonymous said...

Hi CG! I've been popping in regularly but haven't had time to comment. I just wanted to say it's good to see your posts, and even though I'm not big into fragrances (I have my few loves and can't afford another habit!), I absolutely LOVE fragrance packaging and perfume bottles...and I love to hear what you have to say. I was elated when you mentioned Rouge Bunny Rouge and can't wait to see what you have to show us. For some reason I had RBR on my mind then I see it was on yours too!

Take care, Denise at aeiokid at gmail dot com

Evelyn said...

They all sound very lovely although I'm hesitant about the addition of mint. I'll have to visit the local Jo Malone boutique and see if they have them yet to try. I think Wisteria & Violet is promising, maybe Black Cedarwood & Juniper too.

Anonymous said...

The London Rain collection is sold individually and only available in 3.4 oz! Thanks Charleston Girl for the shout out:-)