Thursday, February 18, 2010

Antica Farmacista Le Parfum in Tuberose, Hyacinth & Lily of the Valley

I needed a whiff of spring. Last week, when just getting out to the street involved physical labor, I was satisfying my inner child on a snow day by shopping online. I saw a tweet by Antica Farmacista, which many of you know as a home fragrance company, offering a free Orange Blossom tea light. That was all it took to send me over to their Web site to browse.

I bought two fragrances "for the body," and yesterday, I sprayed on Antica Farmacista Le Parfum in Tuberose, Hyacinth & Lily of the Valley ($62) with abandon. There must have been a little part of my psyche screaming, "Spring, I need spring now!" On first spray, I was mentally transported to the most heavenly garden filled with two springtime flowers, hyacinth and lily of the valley, and one sultry white flower, tuberose, a reminder that summer follows spring. It was just what I needed to relax (while I worried about my computer's hard drive)!

Want to take your own mental vacation? Head over the Antica Farmacista's Web site and check out the fragrances. There's bound to be one that speaks to you.

I have had the diffuser Ala Moana in my office, and it smells like a greenhouse! "Reminiscent of the lush humid nights experienced on the islands of the tropics, this signature scent, meaning 'path to the sea' is a beautiful heady floral. Night blooming jasmine, plumeria, tuberose, and gardenia create an intoxicating floral blend. Refreshing lush green notes add a crisp clean infusion to this luscious scent." I would wear that one too!

Photo courtesy of Antica Farmacista

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Their Champagne scent sounds very enticing too :) more summery, though

Charlestongirl said...

Anna, I have Champagne in the diffuser. It's crisp and clean. I like it. Chris Coles at Nordstrom LOVES it.