Sunday, February 7, 2010

Brights for Spring and Summer 2010 - MAC's Colour Forecast

Here I am, thigh-high in snow, and I'm thinking about new makeup colors for spring and summer! I've seen a printed preview of the Chanel collection, due in April, and a new MAC spring collection is already available. Giorgio Armani Beauty's latest collection will be arriving in stores soon. So much to spend, so little money!

You already know that pinks and corals are the "it" colors for spring. Get ready, the trend will continue into summer. There's bright color in your future.

The MAC Spring Colour Forecast is available at MAC Cosmetics online and in MAC stores. I can't speak for MAC counters in the department stores since I am snowbound. There are some terrific colors in the four families - pink and plum cool tones and coral and amber warm tones. There are eye shadows, stackable crushed metal pigments, lipsticks, lip glosses, blushes, glossy nail lacquers, and even fragrances.

In the pinks, Blush Ombre in the limited-edition Azalea Blossom ($25) looks pretty. It's a light, cool pink - right up my alley! In the coral range, Nanogold eye shadow ($14.50), a sheer yellow beige with pink pearl, looks gorgeous and versatile. If you like coral and orange, this collection will give you the I-wants. I have to get my hands on Radiccio ($14), a plum family sheer mid-tone blue mauve lipstick. The warm ambers - precious, excessive, and golden - are the most intriguing to me (even though I have cool-toned skin). There is an Colour 4 eye shadow quad with four dreamy colors: Manila Paper, Flip, Aztec Brick, and Creole Beauty. At $36, these limited-edition shadows have me revved. I love golden and bronze shadows! Although my choices may seem to be the most subtle of the bright new colors, they will suit my fair skin.

I'll be giving you the latest on Chanel and Armani very soon. Gorgeous colors coming for a welcome season. Spring can't come fast enough! Want to dive in? MAC is offering free two-day shipping today (February 7) only! Wouldn't it be nice to get a box of sunshine delivered to your door? Just use the code CUPID at checkout. I plan to take advantage of this offer.

Photo courtesy of MAC Cosmetics

2 comments:

inkxaviary said...

I like MAC. They have a lip primer that works wonders. especially if you apply it beyond your lipline and let it set for a bit. I'd almost prefer to order it online though, especially with the free shipping deal. The girls who work the MAC counter in my town suck hardcore. They're full of baditude and can't be bothered to assist you, so much so I'll drive an hour out of my way to go to a different store.

Charlestongirl said...

I ordered all four pieces I was eyeing today. The online deal was great, and Nordstrom doesn't have them yet.

I did learn that next Saturday, our Nordstrom at Tysons Corner will hold the "buy two MAC shadows, get one free" event. The mall was closed on Saturday, so they will make up for it next weekend.

Really too bad about your MAC SAs! Ours are pretty cool.