Tuesday, February 9, 2010

Clé de Peau Extra Rich Lipstick

Clé de Peau has a new lipstick coming. Extra Rich Lipstick will be available in eight new shades, shown below.

I was given a sample-sized R3, Leonardis, a rich rose on my lips. The swatch to the right on my arm isn't quite true because my arm isn't as pink as my lips. When I first tried the lipstick, I had on a bright pink sweatshirt (quite the fashion on a snow day!), and the color looked great.

The texture is creamy and comfortable. Clé de Peau calls it "a velvety lipstick with gorgeous true color and smoothing moisture." It has a satin finish and adds a gleam to my lips. The ingredients include argania spinosa kernal oil (argan oil), a nutrient-rich, nourishing, and emollient oil from the Moroccan ironwood tree that cares for the skin and adds shine to lipsticks; and sunflower seed oil, which can help retain moisture in the skin.The colors to be introduced look really nice. Black Bacara looks dramatic - I can't wait to see it. Baby Julia looks like the perfect everyday pink.

The lipsticks should be available in March at Nordstrom and Neiman Marcus. For a sneak peek online now, visit the Clé de Peau Beaute Web site.

My thanks for this preview to Chris Coles at Nordstrom!

Update 2/14: The new lipsticks arrived at Nordstrom Tysons Corner today. They are $60. I have my T3 on hold!

Photos courtesy of Clé de Peau

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

How does the T5 compare to T1? I am dying to buy it but can't find swatches anywhere online.

Charlestongirl said...

They are very similar. T1 is as little coral, while T5 is more pink. Same color family.