Wednesday, February 3, 2010

Clé de Peau Palette Vintage

Clé de Peau's Vintage Palette ($125) is both beautiful and interesting. Designed like a multi-faceted jewel - inside and out - this face powder palette was "inspired by the timeless allure of vintage jewelry." It provides a gorgeous glow on the skin with its shimmering nude tones.

When Chris Coles first showed me the palette at Nordstrom, I was intrigued. He proposed to put it directly on my face, and it was a no-foundation Sunday. Since it looked like a highlighter (and it is that and more), I envisioned odd results. Chris insisted that it had actually been designed to be used with or without foundation, so I acquiesced. You have to trust someone, right? And I do trust Chris.

Was I surprised! It evened my skin tone, gave me a glow, and didn't leave me looking like a rogue sparkler. I was sold! I would describe the effect as luminous, pearly, and brilliant.

I am enjoying the palette - a lot. I wish I could direct you to a store's online site or the Clé de Peau site to see more. It was a holiday limited edition, and there are very few available. Two Nordstrom stores have it as I write. If you are interested, give your local Nordstrom Clé de Peau counter a call. They could get it for you from one of the two Nordstrom stores that still show it in inventory: Pentagon City, Virginia and Aventura, Florida. There are a few more of these scattered around and available - somewhere! The Neiman Marcus at the Tysons Galleria has one left.

Given its popularity, wouldn't it be a good idea if Clé de Peau made it permanent?

Photo courtesy of urcosme.com

4 comments:

Lea said...

expensive and almost sold out? wow! it must be nice!

Charlestongirl said...

It is fabulous, Lea! I think I may have arrived at the party late. These days, limited edition often means "really limited."

Bonnie C. said...

This is so beautiful! (I have such expensive taste!) :-) You had me at "like a multi-faceted jewel" and "shimmering nude tones". :-) While this probably won' ever be in my beauty budget it is still gorgeous to see and I thank you so much for showing it off. :-)

Charlestongirl said...

Hi Bonnie!

I'm going to have to wear this one down to a nub in the pan to get my money's worth. It was pricey, but oh so pretty. Don't you just love makeup that looks as good in the hand or on the counter as it does on the face?