Friday, February 19, 2010

The Friday Forum - February 19

I could still make one of these snow sculptures on my heat pump! Today's the day I'll try to unfreeze it for good with a hose. The temperature is supposed to go into the 40s, and I'll be out there trying to banish ice. I'm taking the day off from work to tackle the task. Wish me luck! I cannot carry one more bucket of hot water out there.

It's time for The Friday Forum again! The forum is devoted to what you have to say about anything related to beauty. Let's chat! Are you using a fabulous product and want to sing its praises? Tell us about it! Did you find a beauty product disappointing? Tell us why! Do you have questions others might be able to answer? We can help! Want to talk about skin care? I'm game! Just use the comments.

I want to tell you about the eye liner Stila makeup artist extraordinaire Sarah Lucero was using as she did makeup touch-ups at the New York Fashion Week Media Mixer. It was Stay All Day Waterproof Liquid Eye Liner ($20), a waterproof liquid liner that glides on with ease, won't smudge or run, and stays in place until you say when! She was a pro using the thin marker-like tip, which delivered a defined thin line with precision. Sarah was using the liner to enhance the eyes of most of the women she touched up, making everyone's lashes look lush and full without a heavily made-up look. I loved it - need one of these! It must be very popular because it's sold out on Stila's Web site, which makes me determined to find one this weekend!

As usual, I will share beauty bits with you over the weekend. I'll put them in the comments, so check for free shipping offers and other treats from beauty companies.

The microphone is yours!

Update 2/20: I failed with the heat pump! Two hours after I got drenched and very cold hosing down the heat pump, it was frozen up again. Finally gave in and scheduled a service call. This do-it-yourself stuff is over!

Photo courtesy of the Manchester Evening News

4 comments:

Charlestongirl said...

Enter code Ramy10 during checkout and get $10.00 off any purchase on www.RAMY.com this weekend! Remember the BTiB interview with Ramy? Now's the time to order.

Marley's Mom said...

How can you remove waterproof liners without tugging at your eyes?

Charlestongirl said...

This weekend only at Stila: five Stila superstars for only $30, plus free shipping. Use code STARS at checkout. Here's the link: http://www.stilacosmetics.com/product_detail.asp?PMID=739&catID=1&departID=1&pos=1&viewall=

Charlestongirl said...

Hi Marley's Mom,

That's hard to do! I use OCuSOFT eyelid scrubs, available at drugstores. They remove even the most stubborn eye makeup. My Sisley friends recommend saturating a cotton makeup pad with eye makeup remover and holding it on your eyelid for a minute before wiping. If you do that before you wash your face, most, if not all, of the liner should come off.