Friday, February 5, 2010

The Friday Forum - February 5

Now and then, my Charlie bounds out the front door, only to find his little indoor butt sinking in snow. When I found this photo, it reminded me of his shocked reaction. You can see more cute photos of this kitty and his friend at this link.

It's hard for me to believe another week has passed, and it's time for The Friday Forum. The Friday Forum is devoted to what you have to say about anything related to beauty. Let's chat! Some of us will have a lot of time for that this weekend.

Are you using a fabulous product and want to sing its praises? Tell us about it! Did you find a beauty product disappointing? Tell us why! Do you have questions others might be able to answer? We can help! Want to talk about skin care? I'm game! Just use the comments.

Normally, I don't provide a Friday Forum topic or ask you a question to kick off the conversation. Today I will repeat last week's question. I've written about a lot of Spring 2010 cosmetics collections. Have any of them given you the "I-wants"?

As usual, I will share beauty bits with you over the weekend. I'll put them in the comments, so check for free shipping offers and other treats from beauty companies. I may be writing a lot this weekend.

The microphone is yours!

Photo courtesy of slidingrock.com

11 comments:

Marley's Mom said...

Yes! Now that I have seen the dolphins, I want them too.

Charlestongirl said...

I got Les Dauphins today, and they are every bit as gorgeous as they looked!

Charlestongirl said...

This weekend at Lancome, receive free shipping on any order - and with code KISSME and a $35 order, get three deluxe lip product samples.

At SkinStore, use code LUV20 for a 20% discount. Ends Monday, February 15.

Bonnie C. said...

I know this isn't a beauty topic, but I just had to say that Miso has such beautiful eyes! My little dog has the same reaction to going outside in rain as your kittys to snow - he gets all excited and bounds out the door and then stops all of a sudden as he realizes that it's cold and raining! :-) Animals are so fun and funny. Thanks for sharing about the kittys, :-)

Okay, now for beauty. :-) The thing that has been on the top of my wish list for the longest time is to try the Urban Decay 24/7 eyeliners (there is actually a lot from Urban Decay that I would love to try). I'm just so nervous they won't deliver that I'm afraid to shell out the dough. Also on my list is the black gel eyeliner from Dalton Cosmetics. :-) Happy Friday!

Charlestongirl said...

With code KISS, save 10% on purchases over $50 at Beautorium.

Charlestongirl said...

Bonnie, Good Luck! I have to tally the entries (Twitter x 2) so that random.org can pick a winner this morning. Those 24/7 pencils are really great and definitely worth a purchase! I LOVE Stash. UD often has deals/discounts. Wait for one!

If Charlie bolted out today, he would sink and disappear under the snow! He has a big screened-in porch, but there's some allure (birds? eating grass?) to the great outdoors. He's like your dog, though. If I open the door to the porch and it's frigid outside, he backs up and punts!

Hope you enjoy your weekend!

Charlestongirl said...

Sephora offering free shipping this weekend only on orders $25 and over. Enter code TOUCHDOWN at checkout.

annie said...

this is like confession! lol

i have wrinkles and zits

nothing i try helps

anyone?

ideas?

Charlestongirl said...

NARS offering free shipping with orders of $25 or more.

Nordstrom today only. Buy two MAC eye shadows, get one in SHROOM free.

Charlestongirl said...

Now here's an offer...
Enjoy a complimentary pair of dazzling sapphire diamante false eyelashes with a $75 purchase a Shu Uemura. Use code VALENTINE at checkout. Offer ends February 7.

At Perricone MD, purchase any two items and get 15% off. Use code LOVEYOURSKIN at checkout. Offer ends February 11.

Charlestongirl said...

Annie,

I will assume you have hormonal breakouts. Even in my 40s and early 50s, I would get them now and then. Usually I got one big "undergrounder" blemish on my chin or near my mouth. I tried everything, but found that a quick shot of cortisone from my dermatologist was the only thing that worked really well to get them to heal. Prevention didn't work (I tried all the prescription and over-the-counter topicals) because the blemishes were caused by hormones. Most of the meds just dried out my skin.

There are better products on the market today, but I stopped researching them when I traded the occasional blemish for hot flashes.

Recently, frequent reader Anna praised argan oil as being great for healing blemishes. It may seem counterintuitive, but there is great anecdotal evidence that it works through its anti-inflammatory properties. Check out this link: http://www.arganoils.com/arganoil.html. Josie Maran and Melvita both make good products.

OK, younger (than me) readers, what works well for you?