Saturday, March 17, 2012

Le Métier de Beauté Cherry Blossom Kaleidoscope for Spring 2012

Micheal Reinhardt's Le Métier de Beauté limited-edition Cherry Blossom Kaleidoscope Eye Kit ($95) arrived early, just as the cherry blossoms along the Tidal Basin did, prompted to bloom by warm days and nights. Michael Reinhardt, Le Métier de Beauté manager, artist, and all-around ambassador, works at Neiman Marcus Mazza Gallerie, and the Cherry Blossom Kaleidoscope is exclusive to his counter. Michael is an industry veteran - one who "knows his stuff" and is an extraordinarily talented makeup artist.

Michael designed this gorgeous Kaleidoscope, with its luscious shades. Michael always strives to ensure that DC-area women can wear his creations. We're a conservative bunch.

Here's my simplistic description of the shades. The top-level shade is a lightly shimmering peach. The lightly shimmering mint green is a green you're going to love (and perfect for a St. Patrick's Day appearance). You can apply it sheerly for a hint of green. Michael's pink is also sheer - one we can wear without looking like albino bunnies. I played with it under my brow, and it looked fabulous. The brown is a deletable milk chocolate brown with a twist of lemon.

I was able to get some swatch photos this afternoon. I swatched the colors with a sponge-tipped applicator, and I snapped several batches of photos - with the shades applied heavily, moderately, and lightly, the last closest to the way we'll apply them on our eyelids. My photos were taken in full sun.

Let's start with a heavy application photo, shown immediately above. The colors evoke all of the shades you'll see at the Tidal Basin this week - signs of spring, with pink blossoms, green springing to life, the peach that shows in the water, enlivened by the reflection of the blossoms, and the brown of the stone seawall.

The photo directly above is a moderate application - still heavy enough to show the colors clearly in a swatch photo. The photo directly below is a light application. For the light application photo, I did have to apply the pink shade fairly heavily, otherwise it would have blended right into my skin.

The light dances off the peach and green shades. They were the first shades I applied on my eyelids. I love their gleam on my skin. They brighten my face and make me look alive and ready for spring. I could wear the peach shade every day - all by itself. I'd like to have a vat of it. I haven't had enough time to play with the pink and brown shades as fully as I'd like. I wanted to show you the swatches quickly so that you would be able to call Michael to order your own Cherry Blossom Kaleidoscope - and play with the pretty colors.

You can reach Michael Reinhardt at (202) 966-9700, extension 2258. Make sure to ask for him because anyone in beauty might answer that extension. He's the best one to help you. Tell him I sent you (not that it matters - he treats everyone well).

The Cherry Blossom Collection will also have a brown liquid eyeliner and lip gloss, but they haven't arrived yet. Michael told me today that it might be another two weeks before they arrive. I'll be back soon with more swatch photos - layered and in combinations that grab me.

Update 3/28: I got a question about Michael's background, and I decided everyone might enjoy reading about the many companies he has represented over the years. They include Elizabeth Arden Spas, Guerlain, YSL, Chanel, Shu Uermura, fashion and design houses, and now Le Métier de Beauté. Now you see why I call him a veteran of the industry.

Photos by Best Things in Beauty, with the exception of the Tidal Basin photo, courtesy of easternshorevablog.com

21 comments:

Adriana said...

I can't wait to get mine, your swatches look so beautiful!

Nemo said...

Hubba Hubba. How are you going to wear it? Base shade? Love it and thrilled that I am getting it and the liner and gloss, too. Even my husband is delighted!

Charlestongirl said...

Hi Adriana,

I think you'll love it. I sure do!

Charlestongirl said...

Hi Nemo,

I haven't had it long enough to play to the full extent. So glad you are getting it - one of the best kits around!

Anonymous said...

Thanks so much for the beautiful swatches! LOVE!!! I just called to order it (Michael wasn't there but Sherry helped me) immediately! Can't wait for it. Thanks for sharing!!! xx

Charlestongirl said...

Excellent, Mlle.epatant! Sherry is a sweetheart. I love her.

As for the Kaleidoscope? It made my heart race.

Laci said...

I was trying so hard to resist. *sigh*

I just got off the phone with Sherry. :D

Laci said...

I wasn't tooo bad though. I didn't get Northern Lights. I prefer this one. ;)

Nemo said...

I think this is not only gorgeous, but so utterly romantic! I enjoyed your description of the colors as they reflect the areas they are named for.

Charlestongirl said...

Laci, you made a good decision. I think you'll be very pleased when you try it.

Charlestongirl said...

Thanks, Nemo!

Leigh said...

I've already told you how beautiful this kaleidoscope is in person. The top three shades are so soft and shimmery. I hope to do a EOTD tomorrow. Michael told me that actually not one, but two, new lip glosses are coming; in our notes, he took care to underline the number. He says one is pink and the other is peach. Sounds delightful!

Laci said...

I can't wait to get it. This kit is definitely more my color palette than Northern Lights. NL is super pretty, but I'm not a big blue fan.

Unknown said...

Very pretty!

Anonymous said...

If you have a chance, could you please post some additional pics of some of the colors blended together? If not, no worries, I understand. Curious to see since I'm debating whether to order this one if it's not already gone by now! Haha

Charlestongirl said...

Modesty, want to do personal shopping again? You have something I want and vice versa?

Charlestongirl said...

Yes, Anon! As soon as I get good light outside. Why don't you reserve one in my name. That will buy you a few days to decide.

Anonymous said...

Wow, reserve in your name? Really they will allow that? I will do that first thing in the morning! Thanks for the suggestion ;)

Cindy's Societal said...

i cant wait to make this mine! Thanks for the superb swatches :D

Cindy

Charlestongirl said...

Hi Cindy!

Give Michael a call. Or ask for Shelly or Sunny. I'm sure it can be winging its way to you.

stephaniek said...

which do you think would be better for warm-toned girls? this or northern lights?