Saturday, November 16, 2013

Edward Bess Ultra Slick Lipstick in Blushed Orchid and Desert Escape

When I was Sephora sale shopping, I noticed two Ultra Slick Lipsticks ($32) that were marked new. That's sometimes a ruse, but I'm a total sucker for Edward Bess lipsticks, so I ordered Blushed Orchid and Desert Escape.

Ultra Slick Lipstick is described as seductive, a way to accent the curves of your lips with irresistible, radiant color. The creamy, long-wearing formula delivers superior hydration (really, it's not "just a claim"). Ultra Slick smoothes and shapes the lips with an exclusive treatment for a sensual pout. I like the way it feels on my lips, and it's as long-lasting as any "long-lasting" lipsticks I like (meaning they feel good - not just last).

I'm happy with both shades. Blushed Orchid is shown at left above, and Desert Escape at right. I took my swatch photos in full, morning sun in the same order. Blushed Orchid is shown at the top of my arm, with Desert Escape below. The two shades could not be more different.

All of the Ultra Slick Lipsticks offer rich pigmentation and a satin finish. They aren't matte, but they aren't particularly shiny either. Most of the shine you see in my photos is from direct sunlight. Let's say they have life.

When I looked at the tube of Blushed Orchid, I had an instant fear that it would be too light - too teeny bopper for me. It's not. It's a gorgeous pastel pink that will be best saved for spring. Desert Escape is a vivid rose-brown. It's about as dark as I like to go with lipstick. It's a perfect shade for this time of year when I wear darker clothing and need a bit more color on my face.

Long ago, I declared myself an Edward Bess groupie. You too can become an Edward Bess groupie - even if you don't have a local source. Edward Bess makeup and skin care is available at Sephora (thank God). If you want help from Edward Bess representatives, just give the team a call at (212) 872-8826 at  Bergdorf Goodman. They provide professional and friendly assistance - and they offer free shipping now.

Photos by Best Things in Beauty

7 comments:

Unknown said...

I think I am in love with both of these shades! Perfection, indeed!

Lean said...

I'm loving the darker shade and the texture seems so delicious.

Eileen said...

I love Edward Bess lipstick. It was his first product and has remained one of his very best throughout the years. He has such a great eye for color and is able to come up with shades that are so flattering and natural looking against a variety of skin tones. I also love his hydrating satin formulation that offers a smooth and forgiving finish that makes even his deeper colors eminently wearable on my old lips. Several of his shades, like Tender Love, have earned a permanent place in my lipstick wardrobe. It's very rare that I repurchase a lipstick color but I've made an exception for many of my favorites by Edward Bess. His colors are so classic, they defy trends. A classic is forever! And now, it looks like I have some new ones to check out. Love Edward Bess--the charming young man and his eponymous line :-)

Mamavalveeta03 said...

You can add me to the "Edward Bess groupies"! I love his lipsticks and these seem to be great additions to his stable of colors. I am curious to try Desert Escape. Thx for the swatches!

Claire said...

Sounds like the "old" EB lipstick formula is back! Looking forward to try these out. Thanks CG!

Unknown said...

Both of them are totally gorgeous :) The texture looks so smooth and buttery!


personalfashionhub.com

Eileen said...

Hi Claire,

After the infamous manufacturing/formulation mis-step which resulted in an inferior product, Edward pulled the flawed lipsticks from his counters, apologized profusely to his customers, and quickly returned to his original formula and manufacturing process. Ever since then, his lipsticks have been just as creamy as the originals. If you were a fan before, you'll be delighted with the return of the lipstick that brought Edward to prominence. Not many other brands would have done what Edward did which speaks highly of his integrity and desire to please his customer.