Sunday, November 17, 2013

Marc Jacobs Beauty Lovemarc Lip Gel in Have We Met?

Dipping another toe into the Marc Jacobs water, I found a lipstick I love: Lovemarc Lip Gel ($30) in Have We Met? I need more of these!

Lovemarc Lip Gel is a color-saturated, long-wearing, gellified lipstick with a sleek shine finish. Just like most lipsticks advertised as long-wearing, I get average wear time from it. However, I don't have unrealistic expectations. A few hours, and I'm happy.

Fall in love with Marc’s irresistible, gellified lipstick. Full of pure pigment, this long-wearing lipstick has an irresistibly touchable texture. Unlike traditional waxy lipsticks, Lovemarc’s cutting-edge, gellified formula delivers the utmost in creaminess, comfort, and color payoff. An infusion of monoi butter - a velvety cream made from the tropical tiare flower - provides intense hydration, while myrrh extract works to reduce the signs of aging. An innovative 3-D plumping agent adds gentle volume. The vivid shades were all inspired by Marc’s favorite movies.


Very subtly scented with vanilla, Lovemarc will delight you. I can barely smell the vanilla. As a rule, I don't care for scented lipsticks, but this one is barely scented, and the scent dissipates quickly.

The warm, shimmering pink of Have We Met? is gorgeous. I took swatch photos in full, morning sun. How could anyone resist this gorgeous shade?

Besides offering beautiful color, a pretty shine, and creamy, comfortable hydration, the lipstick comes in an elegant black tube with a magnetic snap. I think Role Play, a dusty rose, may be my next purchase. There will definitely be a next purchase.

You can find Marc Jacobs cosmetics at Sephora and select Marc Jacobs boutiques. I purchased mine at Sephora (online) during the sale.

Photo at top courtesy of Sephora; other photos by Best Things in Beauty

11 comments:

Virginie said...

It looks a lot like the Lancôme you just featured ;-))

LoveSugarBabyDoll said...

I went back and forth on these lippies during the sale. I think I need to give them a try. The color is gorgeous!

bisbee said...

Pretty! I ordered Showstopper during the VIB sale. It's a true red...not one of your favorites, I know, but it's a great red that I use as a stain. I do want at least one or two more colors!

Unknown said...

I have been wondering if it would be worthwhile to add some of the Marc Jacobs makeup to my kit, and now after your review I can't wait to go pick out a few pieces!

Carolyn

Unknown said...

The shade is so me :) I am getting this!


http://personalfashionhub.com/

Deb said...

Hi CG. I think you will love Role Play. Very much a MLBB shade. I'm on my second tube.

Eileen said...

I was going to give Marc Jacobs a try during the Sephora sale, but the only color I was really interested in was sold out--Have We Met. I'll have to be faster when it's back in stock!

Jo said...

Funny but I've been passing by the Marc Jacobs whenever I'm in Sephora. I'll have to take a look.

In other news, OMG! Be still my beating heart! Beautyhabit is having their friends & family sale today thru Wed with the code FF13. My list is long!

Lisa C said...

The jury is out for me on this one. I'm still on the fence as to whether I like it or not. Pretty colors, but I'm not so sure about the texture. I'm still trying to find out some info on a new liquid lipstick from Lancome thats already released in the UK but not here in the states. Its called L'Absolu Velours and the colors are stunning. I sure hope to see more on this soon.

Mamavalveeta03 said...

I thought they were all just super-bright from the advertising, so I didn't think they'd be for me. But "Role Play" sounds like a lovely color. And the quality of this color you swatched is superb!

Anonymous said...

I love this color! These tones of pinks are my favorite for lips. This might be my first Marc Jacobs buy.