Sunday, November 3, 2013

Tom Ford Lip Colors for Holiday 2013

It appears Tom Ford decided that a nude lip was the best accompaniment for his softly smoky eye for Holiday 2013. He has re-introduced two colors: Lip Color Shine in Bare (#05, $48) and Ultra Shine Lip Gloss in Peach Absolut (#07, $45).

Bare Lip Color Shine is very sheer and shiny. It leans mauve on my lips, but it looks nude and natural because of its sheerness. It might be ghastly if it were opaque. My swatch photo below was taken in full sun.

Peach Absolu is an peach gloss that offers a warm contrast to a cool smoky eye. I took my photo below in full sun.

This lip gloss had much more pigment than Bare. It's a pretty shiny peach that will serve you year round.

I wanted to show you a photo of both shades together to emphasize the cool vs warm tones of the two. The photos above was also taken in full sun. I think it shows the contrast between the two shine-packed colors fairly well. Take your pick - warm or cool - there's a subdued shade for your holiday look.

If either interests you, call Dustin Lujan at the John Barrett Salon in New York City. I purchased them from him. You can reach Dustin at (212) 872-2714. They offer free shipping now too.

There is even more coming from Tom Ford for the holiday season. Stay tuned.

Update: I think Hillary Duff has the look down pat.

Photos by Best Things in Beauty

8 comments:

sexypanda said...

WIll you be posting Scarlet Rouge and Vampire's Kiss for us too?

Charlestongirl said...

I will see if I can get swatches at NM, Sexypanda. I won't buy them because I'm not a red lips person.

Claire said...

CG, does the Peach Absolu have shimmer in it? I can't tell from the swatch because of the sun reflection. The Bare Lip shine reminds me of Rouge Coco Shine in Boy. Thanks for the swatches!

Charlestongirl said...

Claire, it has no shimmer. I should have mentioned that.

Bare is not at all like Boy. Bare is almost as sheer as the Clinique pink I featured last week. Boy is a totally different color and more pigmented.

Anonymous said...

hi! is that the official campaign image with hillary duff or just alook that's similar to this collection? what lip colors do you wear with red clothing? xo.

Charlestongirl said...

Anonymous, it is not a Tom Ford campaign image of her. I liked the resemblance to the "look."

I wear brownish tones with red clothing.

Mamavalveeta03 said...

Anon asked the same question I was going to ask. I think the colors are pretty, but not enough pigment for me. And I'm a RED girl! Going to try out Bobbi's [new]"Old Hollywood Red."
;-)

Unknown said...

It's funny that the gloss has more pigment. I do find that both his glosses and the lip shines are moisturizing on me.