Saturday, November 30, 2013

Laura Mercier White Magic Collection for Holiday 2013: Rose Prism Brilliant Glacé

I stumbled upon Laura Mercier's White Magic Collection for the holidays at Neiman Marcus and was impressed enough with a few of the pretty pieces to pull out my wallet. Of the three Brilliant Glacés ($24) on the display, Rose Prism caught my eye. I think I was holding it when I snapped the photo of the display. It was placed right between Pink Prism and Nude Prism.

Brilliant Glacé is a sheer lip gloss with translucent color and brilliant prismatic shine. Non-sticky formula feels lightweight and comfortable on lips. Here are its qualities, according to Laura Mercier.
  • Provides a brilliant shine with an iridescent pearl finish
  • Gel-like texture melts onto lips and provides translucent colour with a high-shine finish
  • Lightweight, cushiony formula, feels comfortable on lips
  • Applies smoothly and evenly onto lips
  • Enhances the look of lips without feathering or bleeding
  • Provides long-lasting color and brilliant shine
  • Moisturizing emollient formula conditions and soothes lips
  • Creates the appearance of fuller lips
  • Non-sticky, non-tacky, non-greasy formula
  • Dermatologist tested
  • Suitable for all skin types, even sensitive
All in all, I would say that's a good description. The color is Rose Prism is a beautiful, medium-toned rose that's transparent, but still offers enough pigment to impart a beautiful, shiny, eye-enhancing rose color. I love it.

I took swatch photos in full, morning sunlight, and I'm not happy with any of them. I think the color is prettier than my photos make it look. In the photo above, it looks too warm. The photo below is blurry, but the full sunlight makes the gloss look magical. The color is better in the second photo.

This is the only gloss of the three in the White Magic Collection that has enough color to be worn alone, without lipstick. I've been wearing it for a week, and I've found the color fantastic, the wear time average, and the feel moist. If I didn't have so many lip glosses (probably over 300), I'd buy another one.

I purchased mine at Neiman Marcus. You can find the White Magic Collection at all Laura Mercier counters and online. I bought other pieces from the collection, and I'll show them to you very soon.

Photo at top courtesy of Laura Mercier; other photos by Best Things in Beauty

9 comments:

LilyBiscuit said...

The gloss looks beautiful, I think I'll pick it up. I have my eye on Opal Fantasy eye shadow too. Did you buy that also? I think it's an interesting collection.

sunnlitt said...

300 Lip Glosses!!

Charleston Girl, I love how nonchalant you are about Your Collection!!
I am always trying (semi-successfully) to 'simplify' my beauty routine.
I admire your love of Beauty and your willingness to go all out in search of the next amazing thing!!

Charlestongirl said...

Yes, LilyB, I bought that too. Will feature tomorrow.

Running with Scissors said...

That gloss is so pretty! Laura Mercier is probably my favourite brand. x

Dovey said...

Hi Charlestongirl,

What a great basic rose! I love the idea of a 'White Magic' theme, and can't wait to see what else you've picked up from Laura Mercier's holiday collection :)

Anonymous said...

Good to hear you like it so much and that it's pigmented enough to wear alone :-)

Charlestongirl said...

Anonymous, do you think they are getting rid of LM too?

Anonymous said...

No, Melissa said that they are just getting rid of LMDB in SF. Not sure if it will be pulled from other Saks.

Inga said...

Thanks for bringing the Laura Mercier White Magic Collection to my attention - this looks really good, and I have to write it down so I remember it next time I am in the shop. The images looks awsome!