Sunday, November 3, 2013

Sunday This and That - Upcoming Sephora Sale

Sephora's big November sale starts this week. I'm very excited about it because I've got my eyes on a few things. If you are a V.I.B., you should have received your discount code by now.

One thing that looks intriguing, but begs for a discount is Marc Jacob's I Lovemarc Collection ($350), a limited-edition holiday set featuring 13 Lovemarc Lip Gels encased in a luxe lacquer box. When you open the stylishly sleek Lovemarc Collection, a limited-edition set, appearing for this season only, you'll experience true luxury, they say. Enclosed in the lacquered jewelry box, you’ll find 12 shiny-black Lovemarc Lip Colors aligned like piano keys, plus the newest addition and center of attention, Marc’s realized vision of the perfect red: Showstopper. From the mysterious Moody Margot, to provocative Little Pretty, you will have an opportunity to discover the variety of true glamor and fall in love with a new shade each day.

You'll also have an opportunity to pick up that Bobbi Brown holiday palette you've been eying. Bobbi Brown's Sequin Shimmer Brick for Eyes ($48.50) will allow you to customize your shadow color with one quick swipe across all 10 shades, or use the bars individually to highlight as you go. Shimmer Brick imparts a soft wash of pearlescent color and is ideally packaged in a slender, mirrored compact. It's perfect for playing up your eyes for all the season's parties.

 Edward's Best ($75) is another pricey item you might want to buy with a discount. The blockbuster lip palette features eight lip colors in Edward's signature creamy formula, including six of his classics plus two limited-edition shades. The master of lip color has unveiled his bestselling lipsticks in a palette that pays homage to his famed Ultra Slick Lipstick. "Kiss and tell the difference with this super-creamy, hydrating formula that drenches your lips in a satin veil of rich, vibrant color. Achieve precise application every time with a full-size lip brush and a huge mirror (signed by Edward) for touch-ups on the go."

Looking for a nice fragrance deal? NEST's Eau de Parfum Coffret ($38) is a deal at its regular price. With a discount, you may feel generous and buy one for a beautiful holiday gift.  Feel radiant with Amazon Lily, romantic with Dahlia & Vines, sultry with Midnight Fleur, elegant with Passiflora, and irresistible with White Sandalwood. Each dab-on fragrance is housed in an attractive mini-glass bottle adorned with original botanical artwork. Packaged in a luxurious gift box, the Eau de Parfum Collection is an ideal way for you to experience each fine fragrance before graduating to a larger bottle. Meticulously formulated by the world’s most accomplished master perfumers, NEST Fine Fragrances is an extraordinary collection of signature scents.

I've started to cruise the site, doing a bit of advance work. There are so many nice things this season. I'm sure you are all doing the same. What's on your list for the sale? Are you ready to spend?

Photos courtesy of Sephora

22 comments:

Moonchime said...

I was just browsing the Sephora website. I'm intrigued by the lipstick collection--but the price holds me back.

I am definitely going to order the fragrance cofret. I LOVE trying new scents. Have a wonderful evening, CG.

Unknown said...

Didn't see my code come in yet...but am a VIB. So...off to find out more.
Thanks for the reminder!
Looking closely at the Edward Bess Collection!

Bella said...

I am also VIB and I did not get a code yet either. Now I'm a little worried! Better scope out the site tonight to pick out some Christmas gifts!

Charlestongirl said...

Hi Moonchime,

Imagine it at 20% off.

Charlestongirl said...

Jem, I got mine in the mail. They sent me a card/code for me and one for a friend. I wonder if that was a Rouge-level thing.

Chateepatee said...

I've only recently begun purchasing from Sephora so I will not be a recipient of any of their big discounts. It must be location, location, location when it comes to shopping their stores. My experience with Sephora was messy chaos- and I avoided even going into one to browse. Last holiday I did venture in to purchase a gift- it was in Tyson or Towson- can't recall- but it was clean, neat and interesting. I since have purchased other gifts online from them- but I remain cautious about shopping at one of the stores. Now that I receive the promo emails- I see that they have some fab special collections from various companies that are exclusive to them alone. I'm more than tempted- and am pleased to know that you CG give them your vote of approval. If you shop there- then Sephora must be okay! Can't wait to read what all you bought- Happy Spending Ladies!

bisbee said...

Got my code in the mail...I've been adding and removing items from my basket. I'm trying to hold back...but will add at least one gift to the mix!

Melissa said...

I'm a VIB Rouge and have yet to receive anything, but that's fairly par for the course. I've never received anything special or any codes in the mail or my email in regards to anything... not even an email saying "Congrats, you're a VIB Rouge!" As you can imagine I'm pretty frustrated with Sephora, especially since they insist that there's something wrong with my email. Not so, since it's still occurring even after I switched my Sephora account to a completely different email provider!

As for what is on my list, I'm tempted by some Givenchy lippies, the Nest fragrance coffret, some NARS goodies and probably the Atelier Cologne $18 set. Can't wait to try it all!

Hope your weekend was fabulous, CG!

Charlestongirl said...

Melissa, call them. Maybe they can e-mail your code to you.

Charlestongirl said...

I don't understand why some people have received their codes (via USPS) and some haven't. If you are Rouge, definitely call them. If VIB other levels, give it a day and then call them.

Dee said...

Thanks for the heads up! I still haven't received my code but I'll be on the lookout for it!

Eileen said...

Hi Everyone,

The code for VIB' s is VIBTOPIA and it is good Nov. 7-11. I'm a VIB and got my card in the mail. As long as you have VIB standing, the code should work for you. Good luck!

On to the TF products. I think both lip colors are worthy repromotes given the direction TF has taken us with his eye palettes. I love the look of smokey grey on the eyes with a soft peach on the lips and cheeks. It's such a classic combination. Peach Absolute will look beautiful with She Wolf, Titanium Smoke, etc. Remember when Chanel did the Enigma palette with Espiégle and Chintz? It was simply gorgeous.

Unknown said...

i just called sephora and they told me that the emails are sent out in waves but if you have't received anything by the 5th, definitely give them a call. i've been dying to own the tarte off the cuff blush palette so now seems to be the perfect time!

Liza said...

I'm a VIB Rouge at Sephora and also haven't received anything. It could be that someone in the household threw it away, thinking it was junk mail (gasp!), but more likely, they roll out in segments. If nothing arrives by Wednesday, I'll call someone.
It's a double-edged sword, as I'm trying to hold off cosmetic spending...

lov2read68 said...

Hmmmm, another V.I.B. who hasn't received my code yet either. Will see what tomorrow brings.

Jo said...

The Sephora code is VIBTOPIA. Good November 7-11. It's all over the internet. It can be used multiple times.

Also a heads up that beauty.com is having their 20% off sale this Tuesday through Friday. I got a link, no code but if you shop during those days I think an automatic 20% is taken off.

Happy shopping everyone!

Sara said...

Hi CG! My sephora started carrying the NEST fragrances last week and I thought of you when I saw them! I made sure to smell them all and Dhalia and Vines was my favorite, and I am thinking of starting with a rollerball. I have so much trouble getting the stoppers out of those little bottles that come in the cofret sets- I bought a Burberry fragrance one last year in the sale and I never pull those out for that reason. I plan to pick up some facial masks, some Tocca candles (Cleopatra is my favorite), some Givenchy lipsticks and likely a new foundation. I also usually buy a few of the holiday gift sets. On another note, Beauty.com is also havimg a 20% off sale this week and I am going to get the By Terry hyaluronic blush in blushbaby that you showed last spring and I am very excited about that as well! -Sara

Unknown said...

I got my letter in the mail a few days ago with the code. I'm guessing it'll be the same code for everyone. I've put together the most boring cart ever though, lol.
In my basket:
NARS eye primer
L'Occitane Almond Supple Skin Oil
First Aid Beauty Ultra Repair Cream

Mamavalveeta03 said...

I'm making a list, and checking it twice! (And I don't care if I've been naughty or nice...I'm buying!)

Charlestongirl said...

Liza, it did look a bit like junk mail. It was card sized, though, which distinguished it for me,

Charlestongirl said...

Sara, I bought a rollerball of Dahlia & Vines. Love it! White Sandalwood which NEST sent me, is surprisingly pretty. I'll write it up this week.

I'm eying the little Tocca fragrance set. It appears to come in a tin.

Charlestongirl said...

Funny, but what they sent me was a one-time use card. Plus a card for a friend, I'm glad to know the code y'all have!