Wednesday, November 27, 2013

Happy Thanksgiving!

I want to take this early opportunity to wish all of you a Happy Thanksgiving! I hope you enjoy Thanksgiving with family and/or friends, gathering at some point around a table to share a meal. Equally important will be everyone celebrating Thanksgiving by giving - charities need help now more than ever. If I could stand for hours (still difficult because of back pain), I would be serving dinner to those less fortunate. I'm grateful I can contribute money instead of person power.

I'm thankful for you! I have an extended family: my blog readers. The Internet has given us an opportunity to cross paths in ways most of us wouldn't have imagined 20 years ago. Now, I can chat with readers like Eileen, Val, and Clarisse (to name just three of you wonderful women) - so many miles away - and I get an occasional opportunity to meet a few of you at local events. It's fun to share our worlds and our love of beauty in all its forms. So, thank you for being a big part of my world and for allowing me to be a small part of yours.

I'm grateful for Giorgio Arman Beauty, Le Métier de Beauté, CREED, Chanel, Sisley, RéVive Skin Care - you name it, companies that make my days exciting. I'm also grateful to UPS and FedEx! Those guys make me happy. Maybe it's superficial, but days with a delivery are so much better than those without. I also want to mention my fellow bloggers - especially Gaia - whose friendships are important to me.

You can tell I'm rambling...otherwise my Mom and Charlie would have been at the top of my list. Mom is 91 now, and she's doing well. Charleston (aka Charlie) is the love of my life. I have loved every cat in my life. Somehow, Charlie is different. He's literally a best friend. I think he feels the same way about me. Any cat who comes when called is a very special cat.

I'm grateful for all the non-profits that help animals in need and the environment. What would we do without them? I'm afraid that there would be many more endangered species, more helpless animals roaming the streets, and a lot less green space. Please remember them (organizations like Best Friends and the Nature Conservancy) in your year-end giving. I'm also appreciative of the on-the-ground charities, like SHARE in our local area, that help those truly in need.

When I think about it, I have many more things to celebrate this Thanksgiving, including all my friends. So, while I do the "usual things" tomorrow, including watching the Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade (yes, dorky) and probably drinking too much beer or Champagne leading up to a full meal, I will remember to be thankful for all of the people and things that are important to me on the other 364 days of the year.

Wishing you a great day tomorrow and a fun weekend,

Charlestongirl

Photo courtesy of theholidayspot.com

18 comments:

Rosemary said...

Happy Thanksgiving to you, CG, and to all the wonderful ladies here at BTiB.

Rosemary

Jo said...

Happy Thanksgiving to you CG and to all my fellow BTiB readers. I hope you all have a great day.

Jenny said...

Happy Thanksgiving to you CG! I know exactly what you mean when you say Charlie is different--that he's very special. I've had a few cats over the years--and I still have a few now--but none have been as special to me as one. She was my baby and I lost her unexpectedly to cancer a year and a half ago. It still breaks my heart when I think about her. She was more different too. I'm thankful everyday for the years I got to spend with her--and the time I get with all my kitties. I wish you a wonderful holiday.

Jo said...

What a lovely post! While I rarely comment, I read the blog every day and I am thankful that I have that opportunity. So many blessings that I couldn't count and your readers wouldn't find it interesting so I will close by saying that family, friends, pets, church, work, and the pretty things that we all enjoy are truly treasured blessings during this season.

Meredith said...

Thank you CG for all the hard work you do to bring us your wonderful blog. I look forward to it every day. I also like Best Friends to donate to. Animals are innocent and so full of love. They are defenseless and completely dependent on us. I can't stand cruelty towards them. I recently found out that the Univ. of WA conducts experiments on dogs! Ohhhh...........I am grateful to be alive and to be able to see and experience things. When bad things in the news start to get to you remember, what you pay attention to becomes your reality, so tune out all the horror and tune into the preciousness of life. I hope your back pain leaves you soon so that you can feel well again.

roxymisha said...

A beautiful post. Wishing CG and all her readers a wonderful Thanksgiving and hoping we are all together for next year's celebration.

Niki

Mamavalveeta03 said...

I am in TOTAL agreement with you about cats! They've always been my lovies. We have an orange kitty now named Gabe, and he answers to "Gabe" or "Mr.Kitty". I adore him and he follows me around like a little puppy!
Happy Thanksgiving to you, your Mom and Charlie!

Moonchime said...

Happy Thanksgiving, Charleston Girl. I have always loved the Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade too!!! It sounds as if some floats may be "grounded" this year because of the weather. Hopefully, Santa will still arrive safely in the last float for all of the young hearts watching for him. :)

slundberg said...

Wishing you and your a very delightful Thanksgiving CG. Hugs to Mom, You and Charlie.

Nina said...

Happy Thanksgiving to you and your mom, CG! Thank you for bringing such blogging delight to your readers!

Evelyn said...

I hope everyone has a wonderful Thanksgiving and also for those who are celebrating - Happy Hanukkah!

I'm thankful for great blogs such as yours and the interesting, funny and at times moving comments everyone leaves. Plus hearing about everyone's furry friends! It cheers me up when a day's not gone so great.

All the best to you and yours, and all our sweet furry friends.

LoveSugarBabyDoll said...

Happy Thanksgiving Everyone! May this be a safe and joyful holiday season for you and yours :)

Makeupremastered said...

Happy Thanksgiving CG!

Anonymous said...

Happy Thanksgiving CG! Your post was lovely, I am thankful today, too, for many things. You are one of them. It's been a while since I've commented. I appologize. I'm still checking in regularly to catch up on your news. This month I've had to make a long-distance move which has consumed my time and energy. Unfortunately, most if not all of my beauty budget as well! Hopefully that will change.

Happy Thanksgiving to all your readers. I enjoy your comments, too!

Denise at aeiokid at comcast dot net

Moonchime said...

Happy Thanksgiving to you and Charlie, CG.

Clarisse said...

Happy Thanksgiving to you, your Mom and to all you US readers:-) I wish you enjoy all a fantastic day!
I join you in being grateful for all the good things that happen to us and praying for more for those in need or in pain...Charlestongirl, thank you for being a wonderful friend I hope to meet some day:-)
Like all your readers I am grateful for the friendly beautiful place you offer with your blog where we all love to meet and chat! Hugs to you and lovely Charlie

Eileen said...

Guests of the two legged and four legged variety started arriving yesterday and so my home is filled with warmth, love, and laughter. It's a joy to see the people who mean the most to me gathered together; enjoying each other's company. Their happiness and good health is a true blessing and fills me with the deepest kind of gratitude.

Whether you are spending today in celebration or enjoying some quiet moments, whether you are surrounded by friends and family or spending the day on your own, I wish all of you peace, joy, and contentment as you count your blessings.

Happy Thanksgiving, everyone!

Allison said...

I hope you had a Lovely Thanksgiving! Even though I don't post here often, I consider you part of my family! I read your posts everyday! It's your judgement, I have come to trust. Thank You for all the money and time you give to show us the good and the bad! Your Awesome!!
<3