Thursday, April 10, 2014

Chanel Rouge Coco Shine in Satisfaction and Mutine from Chanel's Collection Variation

Chanel's 2014 Lip Color Collection is called Collection Variation. It provides a range of intriguing plums, soft reds, and elegant beiges to pamper our lips. A spectrum of textures and finishes lets each of us declare our own style on a whim . . . with a kiss of color that speaks volumes to others.

The collection offers each type of Chanel lip color. I was drawn to the Rouge Coco Shines ($35) and Lèvres Scintillantes lip glosses. Yesterday, I got home from work and discovered enough sunshine to take some photos. It was very late in the afternoon - 5:00 pm to be exact - so my photos aren't as bright as I prefer - but they will have to do.

Today, I'm featuring Rouge Coco Shine in Satisfaction (#89) and the limited-edition Mutine (#90). Satisfaction is shown at left above, with Mutine at right. I quickly took swatch photos to show you the pastel colors and plentiful shine.

The peach Satisfaction, which looks nude in the tube, is swatched at the top of my arm. Mutine, a light pink, is shown below Satisfaction. You can see that both shades are sheer - one of the things I love about Rouge Coco Shine, which pays homage to Coco Chanel, the visionary for whom modernity was a sixth sense.

Rouge Coco Shine Hydrating Sheer Lipshine - the official name - provides lasting moisturizing shine in a water-light texture. The formula glides on for quick and easy application, and a unique Hydratendre complex hydrates and softens lips, giving them a healthier and fuller appearance. This lipstick is not new and is available in a complete range of shades - all with a glossy finish. The finish is noteworthy because it is lightly shiny - not metallic, reflective, glittery, or mirror-like. It gleams in a delightful way.

I love my two new shades, which I purchased from Chanel.com. I ordered one more from Nordstrom because it was sold out at Chanel. I will show it to you soon. What do you think of these?

Photo at top courtesy of Chanel; other photos by Best Things in Beauty

6 comments:

Claire said...

Love them! These colors are right up my alley for everyday lipsticks. Thanks for the review.

Unknown said...

Beautiful shades and I love the Rouge Coco Shine lipsticks. These are a must-have pair.
Thank you, CG!

Nawi said...

I have both these schades and love them dearly! So glad to hear you do too. I also have emotion a totally different but pretty shade as well.

rachlovespenguins said...

I think they're lovely. Thanks for the side by side swatches! I went back and forth a little bit with Satisfaction and Mutine but I'm very happy with my choice of Satisfaction. I also wound up bringing home Boheme, Emotion, and the glossimer in Tocade.... I've already put noticeable dents in everything except the gloss, so I'm feeling rather assured that my picks were good ones. :D

Su said...

I said to myself no more chanel products as i want to try other brands too( i almost always end up buying either chanel or guerlain)! But after seeing you swatches... AAAhhhhhh!! lol

Walls said...

Very pretty colours that we have come to expect from the Rouge Coco Shine line. Thanks for sharing and for piquing our interest, as always, CG. Happy Friday!