Monday, April 14, 2014

Giorgio Armani Beauty Maestro Liquid Summer Bronzer Broad Spectrum SPF 15

The perfect complement to Giorgio Armani Beauty's new Maestro Fusion Blush, Maestro Liquid Summer Bronzer (#500, $64) creates a 100% natural sun-kissed look with one drop. I had to purchase it. I love everything Giorgio Armani Beauty launches, and I could be called dedicated (devout?) to the company's liquid products.

"Maestro Mediterranea" builds on the revolution led by Maestro Fusion Makeup Complexion Perfector, which launched in 2012. Maestro Color-Fil technology has reinterpreted the alchemy of Maestro Complexion Perfector and adapted it to this new bronzer. Maestro Liquid Summer Bronzer benefits from the unique, lightweight texture that fuses naturally with the skin - as promised.

The secret of this iconic Maestro formula is that no water or white powder is used. Instead, it contains five non-comedogenic oils, including white lotus oil (lotus flowers contain linoleic acid, protein, phosphorus, iron, and vitamins B and C), which gradually evaporate upon application and leave you with a “no makeup feel,” somewhat like a stain, but without a drying effect. Its name is perfect because it literally fuses with my skin. The suspension of ultra-fine oil pigments enhances the skin and is enriched with finely milled micro-pearls.

"A concentrate of summer in a single drop. [It's] 100% fake, but looks 100% real. Take a Maestro sun break in the city," said Linda Cantello, Giorgio Armani International Makeup Artist. Liquid Summer Bronzer provides beautiful "tan" color, brightens the skin, and applies weightlessly on the skin - all the while providing broad spectrum SPF 15 protection against the sun's rays.

What I like the most about Liquid Summer Bronzer is the sheer color that can be applied to be just about "anything you want it to be. Mix it with your foundation or moisturizer, and it will give you a touch of sunshine on your skin. Brush it lightly on the high points of your face, and you will achieve a sun-kissed glow without looking "tan." Apply it all over your face and neck and appear to have returned from a trip to the beach.

The color is light and sheer if you go easy on the application or darker if you build the color. The choice is yours. Just remember, it dries very quickly and then lasts all day, so make sure to work quickly when applying it.

I applied my swatch with a sponge-tipped applicator (as unnatural as it gets), and I did not attempt to blend the color. I wanted you to see the pure color - without intervention. I took my photos in full, mid-day sun.

I find the golden bronzer shade to be beautiful on my skin - without a trace of mud. It has a glow, but does not shimmer. That's why it looks so natural when applied "properly." Naturally, you can make it lighter or darker with your application technique. I apply it to my fair skin with a light touch.

Liquid Summer Bronzer and the new Fusion Blushes are available at some Giorgio Armani Beauty counters, such as the one at Saks where I purchased mine, as well as the Armani Beauty Web site. Scheduled to launch this month, they should be available at all Armani counters before April ends.

Photo at top courtesy of Giorgio Armani Beauty; other photos by Best Things in Beauty

5 comments:

Eileen said...

Like the blusher, the bronzer is a once in a lifetime purchase--once in a lifetime because that's how long the product's going to last you! LOL. Last year I wasn't much into bronzers and only bought the one LE by Guerlain. This year; however, I'm attracted to the notion of bronzer again. Perhaps it is because the bronzers are much subtler this year. Both the Armani and TF can be applied sheerly and look gorgeous with a well blended pop of color. This new one by Armani is particularly nice on those of us with lighter complexions.

Evelyn said...

It looks quite beautiful! I have visions though of dripping it everywhere and then applying too much accidentally to parts of my face. I think I'll stick to powders ;-)

Lisa said...

I agree as usual with Eileen! I will be skipping the bronzer and sticking with my multitude of Guerlain powders! Thanks for the post!

Anna R said...

I agree with Evelyn, these look beautiful but I'm intimidated by these liquid products. I'm afraid they'd dry and set before I blend them out enough and I'd look like I'm wearing warpaint

Deana39 said...

Happy Easter to you. I want them both.