Sunday, August 3, 2014

Chantecaille Mulberry Luminous Gloss for Fall 2014

They really should have named Mulberry Luminous Gloss ($34) Charlestongirl's Gloss. It doesn't get any prettier, and it could not be more "me." I like pigmented lip glosses that I can wear without lipstick, and this one is perfect.

I was so stunned by Mulberry Luminous Gloss when I tried it for the first time, I hopped online and ordered two more. Not only that, I'll buy another one from my favorite Chantecaille representatives at Neiman Marcus Mazza Gallerie. That way, I'll have one for my bathroom, one for my makeup bag, and two for back-ups. Sometimes, a product is so good, you have to break the no-back-ups rule.

Luminous Gloss is an extraordinary lip gloss formula that offers up to six hours of long-lasting shine. Rich texture, dramatic brilliance, and innovative shiny polymers create a fluid 3-D glass-like effect for volume and shine with superior adherence. Water-binding agents hydrate and smooth the lips.

Mulberry is described as a sheer burgundy with flecks of light-reflecting gold and called an approachable way to wear the bold berry lip seen on the fall runways. In the cluster of mulberries above, there is only one berry that contains this glorious color, which is well described as berry, but not burgundy, I think. Let's call that creative license in naming.

The sun cooperated a bit today, and I was able to get photos of this stunning lip gloss.

I applied the lip gloss directly to my arm, using the flexible doe-foot applicator. I was able to snap some afternoon swatch photos when the sun stuck its nose out from around the clouds.

I love everything about this color, from the rosy berry shade to the shiny flecks that are especially apparent in bright light, to the long-lasting wear. It's the cat's meow - a compliment to the animal-loving Chantecaille family.

I've mentioned before that lip colors should be tested on your finger pad. The pigment in your fingertip mimics the pigment of your lips much better than your arm. I took a photo on my finger to show you how you might expect Mulberry to look on your lips. It actually looks slightly lighter here, a hue I can only attribute to the sun's angle.

Chantecaille's Luminous Gloss is loved for its superior adherence, rich texture, and dramatic brilliance. You may get up to six hours of wear from Luminous Gloss. I can't, but my lips absorb anything moist. I'm OK with re-applying anything this pretty periodically throughout the day.

Mulberry is available now at Chantecaille's Web site, where I purchased my first three. You'll find it in August (no later than September) at Barneys New York, Bergdorf Goodman, Frédéric Fekkai Salons, Neiman Marcus, Space NK, select Bloomingdale’s, Saks Fifth Avenue, and Nordstrom locations. Neiman Marcus tells me it has already shipped to them, and they hope to have it this week.

Photo at top courtesy of Chantecaille; mulberries courtesy of amazonconcepts.com; other photos by Best Things in Beauty

15 comments:

Unknown said...

Ok, now I want one! This is a beautiful gloss. Just pulled out my Fig gloss from last year and ready to use it when what do my wondering eyes find lurking online...your post for this all too lovely Mulberry Luminous Gloss! Gee, thanks! I needed one more gloss. :)

wendy said...

hi charleston girl!!! that gloss looks divine!! i'm not usually a fan of this color but, with your swatches it definitely reminds me that this is a shade that i should try before saying no. it reminds me of a chanel glossimer that came out last year with a collection of glossimers. i passed it by but, after seeing it on one of the beauty consultants the register made a "ka-ching" noise! i'm still intrigued with the fairy moss hydra chic. i can just hear someone saying, "what is that lovely color you're wearing?" "fairy moss!" something just tells me that i must have that. i tend to gravitate toward a lighter lippie. at least from looking at the pics on chanty's website. could you please tell me if there is another gloss besides mulberry in this collection? hoping you have a very happy week!! xo.

Charlestongirl said...

Jem, I'm laughing. Join the club of makeup overachievers.

Charlestongirl said...

Wendy, don't you love that name? I ordered it today. I'm weak.

Unknown said...

Yes, Charleston Girl! I suppose if we have to indulge in something...it may as well be makeup and skin care! What beautiful overachievers we may be.

Charlestongirl said...

Jem,

I like to remember how much I used to spend on designer clothing. It makes my makeup extravagances seem downright paltry.

Of course, I will be poor when I'm 75.

Evelyn said...

oo what a pretty color! I am very, very tempted. Fairy moss...I think just the name can cheer me up! I will have to look at that too. :)

bisbee said...

OK...this is what I was waiting for. It's beautiful and right up my alley...off to the site!

Unknown said...

Took one look this post,
Saw the swatches,
Went online to Neiman Marcus,
and ordered one for myself!

Cannot wait to wear it!

Unknown said...

Hi CG!
I too, remember those days of indulgent, impulsive shopping sprees for the newest and hottest trends designers put out there to tempt us into a spending frenzy.
So now, I enjoy my old rags and lovely makeup! HA HA
Of course, if we just hold onto those old designer clothes, they come back in style in time! :)

MoonRae said...

Sooo pretty!! I've been wanting Mango & Fig

Sharon

roxymisha said...

I can understand why you felt it necessary to break your 'no back-up rule' with this one. Had a laugh when you mentioned you will be poor by the age of 75! At least you will be poor and look beautiful each day with your makeup.... I too think about that when I splurge.

Jo said...

This has my name written all over it! I can't wait to get my own. Thanks for the preview.

Shylotus said...

Thank you for this review, Charleston Girl! I have been looking for a sturdy, strongly pigmented gloss. And I love Chantecaille anyway. Hope I can find one in a good red hue. :)

A Lovely Inconsequence said...

I bought Mulberry in Boston yesterday based only on your review.

It is gorgeous...you were right, highly pigmented and the flecks of gold are slightly more than usual which I love. It's so fall with a nod to late summer. Now off to look at Fairy Moss. I am a complete sucker for names and the advertising types are choosing some good ones these days.