Friday, August 1, 2014

The Friday Forum - August 1 - The "New" Guerlain KissKiss


“Lipstick is the absolute weapon of seduction.” – Olivier Echaudemaison, Creative Director

Guerlain KissKiss is not just another lipstick. It’s a story of seduction. KissKiss, with its iconic symbol of love and eternal femininity, is an essential for every woman. It is an ode to color, the stunning result between great design and unparalleled cosmetic artistry. For 2014, Guerlain has revamped my very favorite KissKiss Collection to include 25 new dazzling, effortless shades encased in irresistibly sexy black lacquer.

The lipstick has an ultra-smooth texture, one of the reasons I love it. KissKiss’ unique formula is enriched with hyaluronic acid spheres, which gives KissKiss an incredible lip-shaping and plumping effect. Commiphora myrrha oil and mango butter ensure that your lips are smooth and incredibly hydrated. KissKiss’ fine, even, and rich creamy texture provides a satiny, vibrant finish with impeccable hold.

Here's a pro tip: Prep your lips with KissKiss LipLift smoothing base to redefine the lip contour and preserve and enhance the color of lipstick, which is available in 25 new shades! I have a broke feeling escalating.

Look at Fabulous Rose (#363). Does it get any prettier? Check out Peach Fizz (#341) below. It's a stunner.

The Design
The iconic KissKiss is a proof of a perfect osmosis between the worlds of beauty and art. Crafted by designer Hervé Van der Straeten, its understated case shows off the elegant curves of three sleek cubes. In 2014, KissKiss is changing its dress code, encasing itself in sleek black for an eternally chic look. The original gold shines through on top, demanding attention. For the first time, KissKiss will show its iconic name through a stamp on the color itself - a symbolic pause between an application and a promise.

Guerlain's new KissKiss lipsticks will retail for $37.00 and will be available starting August at Neiman Marcus, Bergdorf Goodman, and the Guerlain boutiques; and starting September at select locations of Saks Fifth Avenue, Bloomingdales, Dillards, Sephora, and Nordstrom. I'll be shopping at The Las Vegas Guerlain boutique. They take good care of me.

It's time for our weekend sharing, the Friday Forum. I love this part of our week. What new products did you discover this week? We have all seen the upcoming Tom Ford collection, so I think we can skip that this week. Did you find any deals you couldn't resist? Are you using a fabulous product and want to sing its praises? Did you find a beauty product disappointing? Do you have a question others might be able to answer? Want to talk about skin care? What's new in your life? Just use the comments. Don't be shy. Just make sure to ask any question you might have over the weekend. By early the next week, most (not all) readers will have moved on.

Happy weekend!

Photos courtesy of Guerlain

14 comments:

Behindthepillar said...

Did I miss something? This backward side of the pond hasn't seen any sign of the TF Fall Collection yet..not so much as a single review? If Tom Ford discussion isn't banned, I did receive my Orchid Velvet perfume this week (also not released over here till September) and like very much, although not as much as the original Black Orchid. My guess is Black Orchid lovers (and I am one) will like the sweeter baby sister too but refer the full on punch of the original but some who are less keen on Black Orchid might enjoy the new version. Susan, London

Charlestongirl said...

Susan, I didn't want to ban a Tom Ford discussion. I was just tired of hearing the same stuff every week. Someone would say Chantecaille, and the reply would be Tom Ford. :)

I'm not even sure why there is such enthusiasm for EL+, which is what TF is.

Don't worry about your side of the pond. I have not seen the items yet either.

Lori Jenkins said...

Anyone else roll their eyes at the marketing here? I love Guerlain and YSL, but the descriptions of their products is beyond ridiculous!

That said, I will be buying this lipstick because of the quality and well, because it's pretty! :)

Charlestongirl said...

I'm very excited: My Chantecaille box arrived this morning!

Unfortunately, it's raining, so no swatch photos today.

Eileen said...

I'm looking forward to the new KissKiss release. And, yes, Lori, I also rolled my eyes at the over-the-top marketing blurb. I used to wear KissKiss and always loved it and so I'm hoping this new formulation will be a winner. It looks like Guerlain is bringing out a lovely selection of colors so there's sure to be at least one with my name written on it :-) I'm also eager to see the three new quads although two of them remind me of the Clé de Peau quads from the spring collection.

Anyone else here interested in Chanel's new Vitalumière loose powder foundation? I normally avoid powder foundations like the plague as I have dry, mature skin, but supposedly this one has oil in its formulation and isn't drying. Interesting.

Hi Charlestongirl,

Chantecaille! I hope you won't keep us in suspense for long. Although many of us have already ordered the palette blind and will be receiving it shortly, you know we're all eagerly awaiting your swatches. This palette is autumn perfection. Did you get anything else? Any of the new glosses?

Hi Behindthepillar,

I laughed at the notion of banning a TF discussion. Charlestongirl is right, though. She said Chantecaille and so now I'm going to say Tom Ford! LOL! TF's color collection hasn't been released yet but the new foundation and the corrector/concealers have just arrived on counter and online so I imagine the color collection is not far behind.

Charlestongirl said...

I did, Eileen. I got Mulberry, the new shade. I have the press release and plan to put it up tomorrow.

Charlestongirl said...

All,

You think this out over the top? You would laugh out loud at some of the ones I get. I have to rewrite most of them to get rid of "sexy," "sensual," and the like. :)

Jo said...

Hi Eileen, I'm right there with you on the Chanel powder foundation. I use loose powder every day because I hate a shiny face so one that will offer a little bit of coverage is very enticing to me.

I can't wait to see these lipsticks too they smack of French elegance.

CG, I am ordering sun for the DC area tomorrow so we can get our Chantecaille swatches. The palette is stunning.

Have a great weekend everyone!

virginiaisforluvrs said...

I won a mini KissKiss on Guerlain's facebook page, and it arrived a couple days ago. It was incredibly comfortable to wear, though it wasn't very pigmented. It has a sheerness to it. It reminded me a bit of the RA Shines, though these have a bit more slip. I'll be purchasing one, but not sight unseen.

wendy said...

hi charleston girl!! awww...natalia...the description doesn't do anything for me, it's the look of the model. if natalia was selling twigs as part of the collection, i'd buy it!! i'm trying not to do that anymore. funny though, i haven't purchased much chanel since model jac left the ad campaigns. is anyone interested in charlotte tilbury? i heard that nordies is going to carry her full line in mid. august. are you excited?? my local nordies just put up an armani counter. it was very nice to meet the counter manager. she showed me pictures of their upcoming fall collection. i also saw the ad campaign for their new parfum, si. i thought cate blanchett's (spelling???) makeup was very lovely. the manager is locating the info. of the makeup she's wearing. i'm also interested in tom ford for fall but, i just do not like to order unless i actually see it in person. i'm just sooo tired returning things. looking for clarins fall since the images look very pretty. loose powder.....i've been wearing jane iredale's amazing base for years. i think they'll send free samples. i'm in my middle forties and love it and i highly recommend it. in my opinion, it's nothing like bare minerals as some believe. since i have to wait for guerlain till next month, i have a question! if you could only choose 1 brand for lipstick and blush, would you choose armani or chanel? (i know it's personal preference but, i never tried anything from armani. i also know many would say both. but, my budget says pick 1 please). xo to you!! p.s. sorry for length and any typos.

bisbee said...

Looking forward to your Mulberry swatches!

Anonymous said...

Fran says: Has anyone ever had a problem with the big Armani Compacts? I bought a Maestro Cream foundation at the beginning of the year and the plastic has broken at the hinge. Have fished out the receipt and will take it to a counter when next near one but was wondering.

Bought the Armani Macro Eye shadow in Tadzio. It's lovely and my sensitive eyes are tolerating it. However, finally got to look at the Chanel Quads and am totally in love. Rivoli seems the best for my coloring.

Meredith said...

I received my Chantecaille order yesterday and am thrilled with it. The 15th year Anniversary Palette is a stunner. All three colors are winners for me, but I'm a purple lover. Even if you aren't, the shades in this palette will suit many complexions so it will be versatile. I bought Mulberry which is a bit dark for me but I can add a brighter rose to it to make it more colorful. It will be stunning in Fall/Winter. Also, got Love gloss, and 3 lip chics (I love the formulation, wonderful on my not-so-young dry lips) Violetta (my favorite) Wild Rose and Primrose. I was hoping the last two would be cooler in shade but they are warm on me. Oh well, I like variety so I do wear warmer shades in Spring/Summer. Can't wait to see the new KissKiss. I hope they have made them moister as I found this formulation to be somewhat drying on me. Adore the Rouge G's, my favorite lipstick, but they need to create more cool pinks, roses, and purples. I think Chantecaille has a winner collection here.

Meredith said...

I don't mean to change the subject but I must alert everyone that at a website visage.usa.com there is an 18% discount on all Chikuhodo items if you use the code Visage2014. Chikuhodo makes some of the most fabulous makeup brushes in the world. I have the Z series and if you have dry, sensitive skin and love incredibly soft brushes, these are for you. I think you will love them, Eileen and CG.