Sunday, August 10, 2014

The New Guerlain KissKiss Lipstick Collection - Live and In Person - Part 2

These three Guerlain KissKiss Lipsticks ($37) are a change of pace from the roses and pinks I featured yesterday. Aren't they pretty?

On the left, Golden Girl (#300) is a member of the Beiges family. The center Peach Fizz (#341) belongs to the Oranges family. The rightmost shade, Fall in Rose, is in the Pinks family, but it's very warm and crosses a line between pink and peach.

I told you all about these newly formulated lipsticks yesterday. If for some reason you missed that feature, click here and get all the information. I don't see a reason to repeat it. However, I did omit fragrance, which drew a reader question. I don't detect any fragrance when wearing these, but if I smell the tube directly, I can smell a very subtle fragrance. I think these lipsticks will please lipstick fragrance phobes like me.

Kissing will be getting a lot of attention from Guerlain this fall. A new addition to the Elixirs Charnels line will be called French Kiss. It will be launched in October.

My photos were taken in full sun. It took me awhile to get them because the late morning was mostly cloudy. However, there was enough blue sky and sun that I could stand outside and wait. Do I love doing that? Nope! It's one of the least fun things about being a blogger.


I swatched in numeric order, starting at the top of my arm with the nude Golden Girl, moving on to Peach Fizz, and ending with Fall in Rose. My eyes see these shades complementing one another. Too bad I can't wear them all at once.

I think Peach Fizz is stunning. I think Guerlain does too because it was one of the shades that merited its own special photo in the press release. So did Golden Girl. Golden Girl is a nude that is extremely attractive when combined with the pigment of my lips. That gleam makes it an extraordinary everyday shade.

Fall in Rose is just plain pretty. Like your pinks warm? Fall in Rose is for you.

Over the last five years, during which I have written Best Things in Beauty, I have become more and more enamored with Guerlain. The company's creative team is definitely "doing it right."

If you want to order now, call Johnathan at Las Vegas at (702) 732-7008. Keep in mind that Las Vegas doesn't have to charge you tax! That adds up for me because I buy so much Guerlain. The KissKiss Collection will be available starting this month at Neiman Marcus, Bergdorf Goodman, and the Guerlain boutiques; and starting September at select locations of Saks Fifth Avenue, Bloomingdale's, Dillards, Sephora, and Nordstrom.

Photos courtesy of Guerlain or by Best Things in Beauty

6 comments:

Evelyn said...

Ok you have sold me but I'm going for the pinks! Guerlain makes such beautiful lipsticks, it's hard to just buy one.

megan said...

Oh my goodness! I just can't choose. I am a fair red head with green/blush eyes. Peach Fizz, Fall in Rose or Fabulous Rose? Any insight would be so appreciated!

Lisa said...

The peach and the rose are simply stunning! Thank you for the post!

Unknown said...

I am wanting Golden Girl! Just beautiful! They are all beautiful!
Thank you for taking the time to wait for the sun :)
I can't find it now but I just read that a store, Neiman or Saks maybe, is giving some great gifts with a $400. purchase of Guerlain. A set of 4 brushes and deluxe samples of Guerlain face moisturizers. I just tried looking at the different stores websites and cannot find the offer. Maybe it is an exclusive offer by email?
Anyway, thank you for all you do CG!
~Charli

Charlestongirl said...

Megan, they will all look good on you. Maybe Peach Fizz would be your "worst," but I'm not sure. Need to see it!

Anonymous said...

Dear CG,

Just like the YSL Sheer Candy post created a few more wishes for my wishlist, Peach Fizz and Rose are now "need do have" ones, too - your blog is pure temptation :-) but I have to confess that I already loved the old KissKiss lipsticks, so I expected / hoped that the new ones would be just as good ;-)
Thank you for your review!
xoxo Stephanie