Monday, May 9, 2016

Chanel Aqua Glossimer (Lèvres Scintillantes) from Summer 2016 Collection Dans la Lumière de L'Été

The best-loved Chanel gloss returns with a lighter, water-like texture for a splash of shine. I'm thrilled!

Chanel's new Aqua Glossimer (Lèvres Scintillantes) ($30), a brand new gloss on Chanel's Summer 2016 Dans la Lumière de L'Été display, is reminiscent of my old-time favorite Aqualumière Gloss. This new Aqua Glossimer is available in six new shades.

I purchased three and then came home to find that I have a fourth, Sahara - a gift from Chanel. I will have to get photos of Sahara next weekend. Today, I have photos to show you of #606, Rouge Désert; #608, Dzhari; and #612, Adenium. All of the shades are limited editions.

I took photos of the three I purchased in full, mid-day sunshine. They are shown in numerical order directly above: #606 at left, #608 in the middle, and #612 at right. I swatched them in the same order, starting with #606 at the top of my arm.

I usually select the glosses with the most pigment because I use them instead of lipstick. I love these three - one of which was a surprise. #606, Rouge Désert, is shown at the top of my arm. I describe it as a beautifully pigmented rose. Not too warm and not too cool, it's an exquisite shade for all of us. Don't pass on it because it looks orange in the tube. It's not.

The middle shade, #608, Dzhari, appears to be a very dark purple-red in the tube. On the skin and lips, it's more red than purple, and it's stunning. This is the way I can wear red!

The shade at the bottom of my arm, #612, Adenium, is less pigmented than the other two, but has enough color to give my lips a pretty pop of pink. Sahara (#610 and not pictured here) is a lovely peach shade. I promise to get Sahara photos this coming weekend, the first time we may see the sun this week. We are back in a cloud after a pretty Mother's Day.

I love the way these glosses apply evenly and without special effort. The new wand tip is shaped in such a way that you can paint the peaks of your lips with a narrow tip, while fully covering the the rest of your lips with the wider base. Apply these glosses and you'll achieve long-lasting, shining color, with or without lipstick underneath. The feel? Like a dose of your favorite lip balm. I detect no discernible fragrance.

You can purchase these beautiful Aqua Glossimers at Neiman Marcus, as I did, or at Chanel's Web site now. If they are not at your favorite Chanel counter yet, they will be soon. I called Nordstrom today to find out when they will arrive in store. I was told they had shipped and would be at the counter in 1-2 weeks.

Update 5/10: The collection arrived today at our Tysons Corner Nordstrom store. If you call there and order from Diron Carr at Chanel, he will send you a GWP.

Photo at top courtesy of Chanel; other photos by Best Things in Beauty

12 comments:

Anonymous said...

Beautiful swatches. I look forward to playing with these.
Tanja

Eileen said...

I've been reading such good things about these new glosses and the newly designed applicator. I can hardly wait for them to arrive on counter so I can make my selections. There's no doubt that I'll be getting some, it's just a matter of how many. When it comes to glosses, Chanel is leader of the pack :-)

Dollie said...

Rouge Desert is absolutely gorgeous. Actually, all three shades are beautiful. Looking forward to your swatches of Sahara.

Nemo said...

I have them all & love them all. In hot weather, I never carry a lipstick with me. I've had too many melt in the tube! Rather, I use glosses, & these are superb. I have long hair, but these don't stick to my gloss in breezy weather. Very nice. I bought my CHANEL from Chanel.com as I always do. They send nifty little gifts throughout the year, especially at Christmas, & what they send is a million times better than what you get from a sales associate.

Evelyn said...

I will need to go to the Chanel counter, 608 is calling my wallet's name. Chanel's Glossimers really are the prettiest glosses.

Anahita said...

Can't wait for Nodrstrom Michigan Ave to get the collection. I always get it from my fave SA. I've been shopping with her for years and she is truly generous with goodies. For my triple points gifts she included the new Armani Prima moisturizing balm, a Dior capture total serum and a lipstick and gloss from Guerlain. I bought my mom the new Chanel No 5 bath oil for Mother's Day and she included the No 5 moisture mist as a gift. Can't wait to see what Chanel goodies she'll send my way!

Sandra said...

I am a huge fan of Chanel glosses, and I agree with Eileen Chanelmismthe Alpha in lip glosses! I must have the Rouge Desert, and I cannot wait to see the Sahara!

Unknown said...

Oh my goodness...be still my heart! My all time favorite and these are beautiful, must-have shades. Thank you for sharing these lovelies!

Charlestongirl said...

Anahita, I think I need your SA's name!

Charlestongirl said...

Nemo, Chanel.com is very generous. Last year, they sent me 3-4 unexpected and very nice gifts. In fact, I received a nice deluxe fragrance sample today. They do reward their frequent shoppers.

Charlestongirl said...

Eileen, any day now. Nordstrom here got theirs earlier than they expected.

Jules said...

Can you comment on the differences between the Aqua Glossimers and the regular Glossimers? You noted that the Aqua Glossimers are lighter and perhaps give more of a shine? Are they more 'jelly-like' in texture? I never tried these when they were around in the past and I'm very curious. Thanks!