The easily blendable, wax-based formula and the delicate matte finish create a very natural-looking result: waterproof and smudge-free, it will stay put for 10 hours and longer. I love the natural colors. They both work for me, and I suspect they will work for everyone who wants to fill in patchy spots or enhance the shape of their brows.
On top of their thin precision, these liners are enriched with natural antioxidants, vitamins E and C and are vegan. They are also free from mineral oil/paraffin, synthetic preservatives, and volatiles.
They are available in two medium-coverage shades. Antimony is described as a dark chestnut. It's and deal neutral shade for dark brown and black natural brow colors, although I found I could use it lightly on my brows (which have always been darker than my hair). Trona is the shade an expert would select for me. It's a light hazelnut - a perfect neutral shade for almost any natural brow color, especially for blondes and those with fair faces.
I took a swatch photo that shows both shades applied very lightly on my arm. I wanted to show you how much control you will have when you use these liners to either add wisps of color into your brows or to add color to the brows you already have in a very natural way.
As always with Rouge Bunny Rouge products, there's a lovely story.
The divine transformational power inherent to the philosophy of the Enchanted Garden is celebrated every year during the Great Alchemy Ball. The guests of honor are the Artists and the Philosophers, the Artisans and the Mages who have excelled in their arts. Their indisputable mastery and wisdom allow for the visions and fantasies to come true in perfection…and to be filled with magic and life. Rouge Bunny Rouge's Long-lasting Brow Liner ALCHEMY brings a spark of this magic to you: a delicate pencil made to enthrall you with the magic of precision.
You can find all you need to know about Rouge Bunny Rouge's Long-lasting Brow Liner ALCHEMY in a product brochure (including professional make-up tips) that you can open or download in PDF format from the following link: Long-lasting Brow Liner Brochure. Some tips for Rouge Bunny Rouge follow.
Eyebrows are "alchemy" to our looks: masterfully defined, they can give faces friendlier and younger expressions, counterbalance other facial features for greater harmony, and, of course, modify the very appearance of our eyes. Since the smooth, natural Long-lasting Brow Liner formula is effortless to apply and doesn’t produce harsh, dull, or "greasy" looks in the first place, the company's makeup artists have but these few tips for you.
- For natural and pretty results, take the brow liner and feather in your eyebrows with minuscule strokes.
- To create or accentuate beautiful, full arches, don’t attempt to draw additional hairs - instead, elongate or extend the natural shape subtly. A little goes a long way here.
- If you’re playing with a new shape or just are new to color cosmetics, always step back before applying more product and examine the results in a good mirror with good lighting.
- Soften the color with a brush (try the three-in-one Brows & Lashes Brush 007). This step really makes a difference: you’ll see how it finishes the look and evens out any application mistakes for a perfectly defined brow. You’re not likely to need more product at this stage.
- Here's an extra tip: Trona is your ideal natural shade for creating faux freckles.
Update 5/19: The brow liners will be available to U.S. buyers in mid-June. Customers in Europe can order now.
Photo at top courtesy of Rouge Bunny Rouge; other photos by Best Things in Beauty