Friday, May 6, 2011

Fresh Sugar Honey Tinted Lip Treatment SPF 15

Fresh has done it again with the latest shade of its Sugar Tinted Lip Treatment SPF 15 ($22.50). Sugar Honey, a warm nude tint, is a color anyone can wear - and treat her lips while she wears it.

Sugar Honey Tinted Lip Treatment SPF 15 is formulated with an array of ingredients that nourish and protect the lips. Sugar, a natural humectant, ensures long-lasting moisture, while hydrating meadowfoam and black currant seed oils condition the lips. Its antioxidant-rich vitamins defend against wrinkle-causing free radicals and provides year-round protection from damaging UV rays. The versatile formula allows for buildable coverage to customize a sheer or rich hue.

I have every shade of Sugar Tinted Lip Treatment! The inspiration for the collection dates back to the childhoods of Fresh co-founders Lev Glazman and Alina Roytberg. Each of their grandmothers used sugar, a natural antiseptic, to heal their scrapes. Wanting to pass this effective ritual onto the world, they bottled their shared tradition, pioneering the use of sugar in the beauty industry. Today, the beloved Sugar Collection offers a complete head-to-toe sensory experience and is an amazing source for supremely soft skin. The lip treatments make sure your lips feel and look great.

Here's a swatch photo of Sugar Honey, taken in full sun. The shade will look a bit more pink on your lips if they have pink pigmentation. I find it a perfect shade for a nude look on me. It's sheer, which I love, and the combination of my lips and Sugar Honey is flattering. The case is bronze, which helps me differentiate it from the clear ones in darker cases that are always at my side.

If you don't want nude, you'll find plum, rosé (strawberry), and clear shades of this wonderful balm-like lip treatment. You can purchase Fresh at Sephora, Neiman Marcus, the Fresh Web site, and other sources. It's easy to find. I bought my Sugar Honey at Sephora.

Photo at top courtesy of Sephora

6 comments:

Hopelessly Devoted To Makeup said...

I love Fresh Sugar on my lips, I just find a tube doesn't last me very long. I do like that color, I just may have to look at this the next time I'm at Sephora.

Charlestongirl said...

LOL, Ms. Hopeless Devotion!

Are you using it every 20 minutes? Big smile! My tubes have lasted a long time, but I alternate them with other lip balms.

Hopelessly Devoted To Makeup said...

Charlestongirl, It may have something to do with the fact that a) I'm addicted to lip balm and b) my daughter has discovered lip balm as well and "uses" it and "puts" the lid on it half way down the tube. I just love when she does that to a $20+ lip balm - sigh.

Heather Elyse said...

Thank you for doing this post! i have been wondering about this product and if i should pick it up! I haven't tried the Fresh Sugar lip treatments yet and i think this will be my first color!

Charlestongirl said...

Well that explains it, Hopelessly Devoted! Love it!

LovelyMissMakeup, if you go looking, make sure to look at all the shades. They are all gorgeous. Sephora has a special duo, and even though the tubes are a bit smaller, it's a good deal. Of course, the new shade isn't in the duo.

Charlestongirl said...

Once you get used to this lip treatment, you will find yourself trying to screw the top onto other pop-on-top balms. It's a riot! Duh...