Sunday, May 18, 2014

Bobbi Brown Telluride Illuminating Bronzing Powder from the Raw Sugar Collection

Bobbi Brown's Illuminating Bronzing Powders ($38) are the cat's meow. To me, they are a hybrid between blusher and bronzer - the perfect two-for. Bobbi introduced Telluride with the new Raw Sugar Collection, an enticing group of summer colors that tempted me to pull out my credit card online.

I was already a fan of these Illuminating Bronzing Powders. I have Santa Barbara and Tawny Brown, both great colors. I think Maui and Antigua is somewhere here too. Bobbi Brown's soft matte, silky-smooth Bronzing Powder gives skin an instant look of a natural tan, and it's perfect for contouring too. Bobbi suggests using Bronzing Powder year round to get a sun-kissed look. I've always liked Bronzing Powder because there are light shades that are appropriate for my pale skin.

You can see that the photo of Telluride at home is move mauve than the online photo - and that's a good thing from my perspective. I love this color. This ultra-soft and smooth pressed powder is formulated with a unique and innovative blend of sheer powder and micro pearls. The powder glides on evenly and gives the skin a seamless and sheer natural-looking glow. Bobbi recommends applying it with her Bronzer Brush, a good idea, but you can use any blush brush or powder brush.

I was a little disappointed in my swatch photos, which I took in full, lunchtime sunshine. They look lifeless, even though the Telluride color is so natural on my skin. I guess the satin finish, which doesn't sparkle in bright light, makes it look fabulous on the face, but a little dull in swatch photos. I can have a dynamite photo or a dynamite bronzer.

I adore this mauve-brown color. The rose in the shade is perfect for the undertones of my skin. I'm sure it's not the best of the six shades for everyone, but it's darn nice on me. If you have pink undertones, I suspect you will feel the same.

For Bobbi Brown's tutorial on its use, go to this link. It's a simple explanation for using bronzers.

Over the coming week, I'll show you the other pieces I purchased from the Raw Sugar Collection. I think it's one of Bobbi's best in months.

Photo at top courtesy of Bobbi Brown; other photos by Best Things in Beauty

6 comments:

Evelyn said...

I saw this in one of her emails the other day and was hoping I'd see a review. It sounds beautiful! I do like her illuminating bronzing powders and I think it can work for my skin too. Time to shop! :)

Anonymous said...

I plan on getting this one. I like it, too. If you are a fan of BB's Desert Rose blush or Chanel's Rose Dust, this is worth looking at.

Laura in NYC

angusmum1 said...

I wold so love to have a place to see and shop for these products, havebt seen them i person often, alas...

Jo said...

This looks so pretty and would suit my coloring as well. I'm definitely going to check it out.

Unknown said...

Thank you so much! I've been looking all over the place for a blush bronzer hybrid. This looks perfect!

Mamavalveeta03 said...

I have Telluride Bronzer and I love it. I think you stated it perfectly, CG, when you said "I can have a perfect shot or a perfect t bronzer." Bobbi is definitely a fan of matte bronzer, so this is a slight departure for her, as opposed to the shimmer bronzers, which I liken more to blush. You can't go wrong with a Bobbi Brown bronzer!